Some laptop keys not working after windows 10 install

Bouzoo9

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I installed Win 10 on my Asus N550JK about 2 weeks ago, and after installing a bunch or programs I realized at one point that some keys on my keyboard don't always work. They worked normally at the beginning. I'm the type of person that installs all drivers and billion programs before doing a restart. Mainly I noticed that Delete, right arrow key, 4 5, 6 and 8 don't always work. There is no patern as to when they work and when they don't, it just happens.
It's some program incompatibility on Win 10 for sure, I've seen people having issues with, for example EVGA PrecisionX, which was solved after an uninstall. Anyone had any experiences with this issue? If so, which program was causing it?
I've got a ton programs installed and checking every single one would be a huge amount of work since, as mentioned, the keys work on their own will, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, sometimes they like to shift between working and not working.
I was hoping to solve this on my own but without success.

Thank you in advance. :)

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
First is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Once uninstalled, reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- Do test it again after the reboot.
- If it will still not work connect an external USB keyboard and see if it will work or not.
- If you don't have a USB keyboard do try using the onscreen keyboard and see if it will work or not.
- If the onscreen keyboard or the USB keyboard will work that could mean that the problem is the built in keyboard.
- Before replacing it do check the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
- Do also try reinstalling Windows before considering on replacing the keyboard.
- If all these will not work then replacing the keyboard would be the only option.

Bouzoo9

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Hey, tnx for replying.
I did the uninstall and reboot 3 times, didn't help.
External and on-screen keyboards work.
I have little reason to believe it's a faulty keyboard since it was all working perfectly on windows 8.1 and the problems occurred when I installed Win 10, and from the looks if it I am far from being the only with that that issue. Of course, reinstalling is an option which I would like to avoid if I could find a different solution. If nothing else, I will try and uninstall every program for itself and then try and see what's what. If that doesn't help then I'll try and do a reinstall. If possible, I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible.

Bouzoo9

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Sadly there isn't, I've checked it a week ago, there is not a single BIOS update for my laptop available.

Bouzoo9

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Scanned the whole laptop over and over, found nothing. Yeah, it'll be a pain which is why I'm trying to get some help online, maybe I'll get lucky. Leaving that and reinstalling Windows as a last resort.