Some sounds don't come through headphones?

SwitchWaffle

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I have a M-Audio Fast track C400 interface that I have a Shure PG42 xlr running through, into my computer. I have the playback set to go through the interface and have my headphones plugged in. I frequently use TeamSpeak, that goes to my headphones, but other sounds like skype go through my laptops built in speakers? How can I fix this?

Solution
Do you have the proper DRIVERS installed, and do you have the option of selecting it as the Audio Playback Device?

right-click the AUDIO icon in lower-right (System Tray)-> Playback Devices and set it as default.

Normally you can only have ONE playback audio device, but this is a fairly unique device which might be meant to operate at the same time as another audio solution. If you CAN select it instead of your default audio solution that might solve your problem but I don't have it to test.
Do you have the proper DRIVERS installed, and do you have the option of selecting it as the Audio Playback Device?

right-click the AUDIO icon in lower-right (System Tray)-> Playback Devices and set it as default.

Normally you can only have ONE playback audio device, but this is a fairly unique device which might be meant to operate at the same time as another audio solution. If you CAN select it instead of your default audio solution that might solve your problem but I don't have it to test.

Solution

SwitchWaffle

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

The drivers that came with the device I have installed, and I already had the default playback device set to the C400. Sometimes, if I just reset the thing--unplug it, switch the default playback to the speakers, plug it in and switch back to the C400 it worked, but its very inconsistent and I don't really even know what makes it work those times.