Sometimes certain keyboard keys doesn't work

CEALOA

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
Hello,
I Recently got Dell 3521 i3 Laptop but i have a problem with some keys Esc , a , Tab
sometimes they work sometimes not I tried to press them together for 5 seconds and
they are working again this solution works for hours but the problem come again after
restart or something idk what is happening hope some one got an idea to solve this
problem I tried Usb keyboard its working no problem and have dell driver installed
thanks in advance

Solution
Since it is a new laptop I would simply return it and get another one in exchange since the keyboard could be defective. The fact that you are using a USB keyboard and have no problems means there is a problem with the Dell's keyboard.

The only other option would be to replace the laptop's keyboard under warranty and it could take a while to do so since you need to send it to Dell's service center and the laptop goes into a queue waiting to be serviced.
Since it is a new laptop I would simply return it and get another one in exchange since the keyboard could be defective. The fact that you are using a USB keyboard and have no problems means there is a problem with the Dell's keyboard.

The only other option would be to replace the laptop's keyboard under warranty and it could take a while to do so since you need to send it to Dell's service center and the laptop goes into a queue waiting to be serviced.

Solution

CEALOA

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

thx for the reply , I will send tomorrow but the problem is how i can prove the problem ? the keys are working now and

yesterday only fails once then its working until now maybe they will just found no problem then they will send it to me again then the problem appear

I guess it is too late for you to exchange it then...

Basically, you just need to call Dell explain to them that the keyboard periodically decides not to work properly to the point where you are using a USB keyboard instead of the laptop's keyboard. They should give you authorization to send the laptop to one of their service centers. Just be aware it can take a few weeks before they get around to fixing your laptop. It depends on how many other laptops there are in the queue.

CEALOA

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

its not that late just 4 days I Contacted the shop i purchased the laptop from and explain they told me send it to us then we will

send it to dell service to fix it i will ask them about the queue too thanks for you reply's

Since you had it for only 4 days tell the shop that you want either an exchange for a new Dell laptop or a refund so that you can buy the laptop somewhere else.

There is no need to deal with the potential frustration of warranty service on a new laptop within a matter of days after purchasing the laptop.

CEALOA

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

I Just Contacted Dell service and told them that i want to exchange it , they told me write a report request to change it i did

that and sent it will arrive tomorrow they will call me about it soon I will write the result here btw thanks very much for your

support jaguarskx