Solved! Sonos alternative - screened porch

Mar 11, 2019
I have a 16*16 screened porch with 15' vaulted ceiling. I want to install wireless outdoor speakers in 2 of the ceiling corners. Sonos are the only ones I've heard - does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives? I'd like the highest quality sound - I'd be streaming music from Pandora or Apple Music. The speakers need to be somewhat weather proof - I already have cool portable bluetooth speakers, want something more permanent. Thanks -

Solution
Sonos speakers are not waterproof or water resistant so might not last long in your application. They also require AC power to work so you would have to wire them for that. May not play loud enough either in what is essentially an open space especially mounted in the ceiling corners.
The right way to do this is to use two high quality outdoor speakers with a Sonos Amp. You have to run speaker wire but that is cheaper and easier than running AC outlets to the speakers.
Sonos does sell packaged outdoor speakers with their Amp but you can use other speakers if you prefer. I like the Sonance Marriner and Revel outdoor speakers myself.
Sonos speakers are not waterproof or water resistant so might not last long in your application. They also require AC power to work so you would have to wire them for that. May not play loud enough either in what is essentially an open space especially mounted in the ceiling corners.
The right way to do this is to use two high quality outdoor speakers with a Sonos Amp. You have to run speaker wire but that is cheaper and easier than running AC outlets to the speakers.
Sonos does sell packaged outdoor speakers with their Amp but you can use other speakers if you prefer. I like the Sonance Marriner and Revel outdoor speakers myself.

Solution