jeremysvilla

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
So Sad, and so many people unemployed, the economic crisis has not yet expired
xray.jpg

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
I am glad that Sony cut 10,000 jobs. Some business waits too long to make cuts to become lean and effective. Sony was on top once but they didn't adapt fast enough. Business main focus are to make money and make it effectively. You have to cut everywhere from bottom to top.

phych

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2005
Here's what I don't understand:

When average Joe worker doesn't do his job, he gets fired.
When mister corporate exec doesn't do his job, he fires thousands of average Joe workers.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Why are we blaming the economy on Sony for this? If we should blame anyone its those hackers who took Credit Card information from Sony which caused Sony to lose billions of dollars which in turn this happened. This is what you get for supporting groups like anonymous!

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Phych[/nom]Here's what I don't understand:When average Joe worker doesn't do his job, he gets fired.When mister corporate exec doesn't do his job, he fires thousands of average Joe workers.[/citation]

That's the corporate board for you.

I swear they are like the modern day royalty. Many seem to just go from company to company and very few actually raised through the ranks of a company. IBM's current CEO being one of those few that I respect for doing just that.

That is how a CEO should gain their position. Not the incompetent board team getting someone from outside the company.

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Canceling the Playstation would save them money.. or incorporating into Cheaper value added TVs (TV, Bluray, games+move and SEN connectivity in the screen)? sound like it's worth $1000?

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
[citation][nom]Phych[/nom]Here's what I don't understand:When average Joe worker doesn't do his job, he gets fired.When mister corporate exec doesn't do his job, he fires thousands of average Joe workers.[/citation]

Howard Stringer resign due to the failure he turn Sony into. The new CEO had to cut those jobs because the company couldn't support them as a result of Stringer mess.

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
One of they're main focuses is Mobile?!?! WTF i mean I know it's a big industry but I never even see Sony Ericson phones outside the store. They're TV's have always been nice though and I also like the Sony Blu-ray player i purchased.
In other news though I actually had to RMA the remote for my Sony DSX-300BTX car Stereo in the last month. The remote was totally dead and didn't work after factory resets of both the stereo unit and the remote (the battery was fine). The stereo sounds amazing but it's not even 6 months old......

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Cons29[/nom]i wonder if the top earners receive pay cuts to help out the company? so that its not just these employees that takes the heat[/citation]

lol. No, they get bonuses like any other evil corporation in the world.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]lol. No, they get bonuses like any other evil corporation in the world.[/citation]

Yeah sadly so, destroy a whole bunch of peoples lives, earn the company some money and get well paid for it. Awesome world it is today!

andywork78

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
When read these "cut xxxx (number of people)"

I thanks to my self that i have job right now.

And i really feel sorry who lost there job.

Status
Not open for further replies.