Sony BDV-N79OW long sound delay with time warner cable box

Maureen3

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
I just bought a SONY Blu-ray DVD home theatre system model #BDV-N790W. When I first put on the TV and watch cable I get sound, when I change the channel through the cable box there is no sound and I have to wait about a minute to get sound each time I change the channel! Sometimes it goes to a black start up screen and reads "receiving audio signal now" How can I fix this???

TeeFred

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

I have this EXACT same issue and i dont know why. Ive set everything up according to the manual, perfectly following the instructions. I have Time Warners Samsung HD Box.

TeeFred

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
So i figured out what the issue was, that Samsung HD cable box doesnt play nice with the 3D Bluray Home Theater system, i swapped it for the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HDC box i had in another room on an SD TV and presto!!! Everything works perfect. My suggestion would be to go back to a Time Warner store and swap the Samsung Cable Box for a Scietific Atlanta one and see is that works for you.

discountfunding

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

Thank you for this answer. I had the exact same problem. After 1 month I sent a Sony BDV-T79 to Sony for repair regarding this issue. They held the unit for a month saying they were waiting for a part. Telling them I was going to send this unit back to Costco for a refund, they all of a sudden said they got the part and sent the unit back to me. When I received the unit , I sent it back to Costco for a refund. I then purchased a Sony BDV-N790W and wouldn't you know it I had the same problem. I then stumbled on your answer. I changed Cable box and Alas it works with no problem. Too bad Sony doesn't know what to do!

Maureen3

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Wow, so it was probably the cable box! :pt1cable: After messing it with it for a few days, calling Sony etc with no result I returned the home theater system :( Thank you so much for the replies. :)