Sony Boasts Great Sales of PS3 Slim

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Well with the leaked internal memo, Sony in the works of bringing PS,PS2, and Dreamcast games to the PSN. I think that will bring in some more numbers for its sales and come the holiday season.

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
i am seriously thinking of buying one, but i think i will wait until boxing day (don't judge me, lol). yes i know with the $299 price tag its a steal, but i think i can probably get a better deal on Boxing day, because stores usually throw in a game or something.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I still think their only flaw with this console is not adding an IR receiver for Blu-ray control with universal remotes. Aside from that they hit a homerun.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]AdamB5000[/nom]I still think their only flaw with this console is not adding an IR receiver for Blu-ray control with universal remotes. Aside from that they hit a homerun.[/citation]

agreed, with the addition of hd audio streaming, reduction in noise and power consumption, it seemed like they were focusing on improving it as a media player, really thought they would have added this.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
More for less? Well those who miss the PS2 compatibility may disagree. It's not like the PS3 currently has a huge library after all. Make no mistake, the driving force here is simply price no matter how else Sony tries to dress it up.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Who needs PS2 backward compatability???? Most people that buy a PS3 are looking to move foward not backward. Worrying about PS2 with a PS3 is like pulling your Vette engine out and putting a 4 banger in it.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Who needs PS2 backward compatability???? Most people that buy a PS3 are looking to move foward not backward. Worrying about PS2 with a PS3 is like pulling your Vette engine out and putting a 4 banger in it.

vorless

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
^ I still cant play some of my Xbox games on my 360 or my Gamecube games on my Wii, but neither of them can play Blu Rays either.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Most interesting, however, was Sony's feeling that the PS3 Slim has a more "casual appearance," making it more attractive to casual gamers.

I highly doubt PS3 slim is now more attractive to average Joe. Its because Sony dropped the darn thing by $100. Again Sony speaking out of thier two but cheeks.

-$100 for PS3 = me purchasing a PS3 before years end. Plain and simple.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Who needs PS2 backward compatability???? Most people that buy a PS3 are looking to move foward not backward. Worrying about PS2 with a PS3 is like pulling your Vette engine out and putting a 4 banger in it.[/citation]

Who needs backwards compatability? People like me who have invested thousands of dollars on PS2 and PS1 games over the years. I'd rather have one console from Sony able to play my "Playstation" library of games vs using three different generations and iterations of the Playstation. I don't need that all that clutter unless someone can sell me the "R2-D2" console bot thingy.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
What with all the improvements from the original such a surge is very befitting of Sony. And it's still a blu-ray no less. Probably has samsung scratching their heads right now.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
The fact they are bragging is till no reason to replace my 360 that ive had from ay one and plays everything proven better than the PS3. They have been in the market enough years and all the crossplatform cant perform as good, which is good enough proof after so many years Ive had it... The thing is that PS3 used to consume more electricity than my fridge if you check the stats etc. ffs

And what ever happened to the 999% sale increase? lol

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]What with all the improvements from the original such a surge is very befitting of Sony. And it's still a blu-ray no less. Probably has samsung scratching their heads right now.[/citation]

i too invested tons of money over the years into my PS2 but like other normal people i am able to say it was money well spent and move on

gmcboot

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
It's the price. The only reason Sony is trying to look elsewhere they don't want to admit the thing was too damn expensive for what a wider market was willing to pay. Blueray player or not, people just were not willing to pay $400 bucks for one. I wasn't, until 3 weeks ago when I got my PS3 Slim, which sits next to my Xbox 360. Now I have a good Blueray player and TWO great gaming systems.

Sony could have had a much bigger piece of the gaming market pie, if it hadn't cost so much. They banked on it being the EVERYTHING machine. Well as nice as it is, it wasn't worth that to the majority of people. Now that it is cheaper AND large (40" and above) flat screen TV's are getting ridiculously cheaper, this is the best time for them to push it.

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]The fact they are bragging is till no reason to replace my 360 that ive had from ay one and plays everything proven better than the PS3.[/citation]
Right up to that little red ring...

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]The thing is that PS3 used to consume more electricity than my fridge if you check the stats etc.[/citation]

You make it sound like refrigerators are inefficient power hogs. Modern day refrigerators are quite efficient. They require some juice when the compressor fires up, but after that very little energy is used.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]r3t4rd[/nom]Who needs backwards compatability? People like me who have invested thousands of dollars on PS2 and PS1 games over the years. I'd rather have one console from Sony able to play my "Playstation" library of games vs using three different generations and iterations of the Playstation. I don't need that all that clutter unless someone can sell me the "R2-D2" console bot thingy.[/citation]

two consoles says ps2 can play ps1 games. you act as if those two consoles take up all the space in the world. keep crying its hilarious.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
The argument about backward compatibility has some valor but the little PS2 slim is so small I say buy one of those if you have a huge selection of old games you still want to play. The PS2 is still backward with all PS1 games too.

Status
Not open for further replies.