Sony Caio laptop black screen error

Ali_225

Commendable
May 2, 2016
One day I was playing on my laptop (Sony Vaio VPCEB45FG) and then the screen displayed a couple of green lines and the laptop screen went black. The computer was still running with power and leds but now 5-7 days later I try to power it on and only the power led shows and the 3 other LEDs bullock etc does not show up. I also cannot power off the laptop at all when I turn it on unless I take out the battery. I took apart the laptop many times and cleaned fans and changed little chips from a working laptop to this one and it did not work I changed things back and it did not work. I'm quite confused as when I turn it on it doesn't even show the start up or anything. It just remains black. I have replaced the screen with a working one to test but it seems the screens are perfectly working. I have read many discussions and most people say it's graphics card. I'm not sure but I read one discussion and someone who was having the problem had the app bluestacks on his system (app allows you to use phone abilities on pc snapchat etc). I also have this on the system but I don't think it has any affect on it. I have not tried changing hard drives but I could. I do not want to pay for a brand new motherboard or graphics card. If anyone has a good idea on how to fix it please if your going to say to purchase something put it as a last resort thanks. Also could it be a possibility that the graphics card is automatically updating itself? I did not see any messages saying shutdown in 15 mins or postpone etc. thanks. (Btw I don't know much system information so bother to ask and when answering please make it detailed not just a one off question so the convo goes quicker).

Hi,

It seems like a hardware problem to me but here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display from it, but since you've already tried changing the LCD itself then the problem may lie in the motherboard.
- But if you'll get a display from the external monitor chances are the LCD itself it damage or the mother board itself if faulty.

Here's a replace LCD for your laptop:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15-5-SONY-VAIO-E-Series-SVE15118FGW-SVE151A11W-LED-LCD-Replacement-Screen-laptop-/151025705555