Solved! Sony Camera and Tablet

Evan Brooks

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I have a Sony Cybershot (DSC W-350) and it works well with downloading to a computer. However, I am thinking of a tablet and am trying to determine how I can download directly to the tablet.

I was considering the Tsohiba Thrive because of its USB port, but it turns out that Sony's proprietary PMB launcher software only works with Windows and Mac. Is there a solution to download directly?

Thank you for your assistance.

Solution
Answering my own question --

(1) When I called the Sony support line, they said that it could not download directly.

(2) The people at Best Buy agreed with this position.

Today (07/09/11), I returned to Best Buy with my camera and USB adapter. We tried it on both the ASUS (with its kepboard USB hub) and the Toshiba Thrive (with its direct USB port). In both cases, it worked like a charm through the DCIM.

Thus, downloading to Android tablets is a simple matter.

Evan Brooks

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Answering my own question --

(1) When I called the Sony support line, they said that it could not download directly.

(2) The people at Best Buy agreed with this position.

Today (07/09/11), I returned to Best Buy with my camera and USB adapter. We tried it on both the ASUS (with its kepboard USB hub) and the Toshiba Thrive (with its direct USB port). In both cases, it worked like a charm through the DCIM.

Thus, downloading to Android tablets is a simple matter.

Solution