Sony Details SOE Compensation Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
That compensation will only satisfy idiots. They are basically giving people digital goods for their troubles, eg editing a single number in someones stats.

If sony really wants to compensate people then they need to do something like bring back the other OS option and also throw in a extra controller or for everyone with an out of warranty console, give them an extra 1 year warranty, and for everyone else with a console under warranty, extend their warranty by a year.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
PS, 1 year of protection is useless as most criminals don't attack you the first year anyway. Stolen info is held onto for a while when attention dies down, then it is exploited and when it happens, there no reports so the authorities will not get involved.

for any of those protections to be even slightly useful, it would need to be lifetime.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
No SSN's in their database, they have name, address, phone, login name, and security question on those accounts. The first three things can be obtained through only minor wizardry like using a telephone book. The last two only matter for station accounts, and if nobody keeps those...

spitfire372

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
For everyone flaming Sony you need to take some things into account. Everything connected to the Internet is in just as much risk as the Playstaion Network. If anyone can recall Xbox Live also had an outage back in 2007. I'm not favoring either or companies sides I own both consoles both very good and have their different things to offer. But Sony may need to handle the situation a bit better and keep us up to date on things as I think Microsoft would do. But it's better then Sony throwing their network back online to end up back in the same situation it can happen to anything on the Internet loom at the deus ex and epilodos websites that were just attacked.. It can happen it's just who happens to be the company they attack. Their ain't no stopping hackers. You got hacks for consoles, iPods/iPhones, Android, video game hacks and every time they try to fix it they come out with another its never ending. I don't blame Sony for having the network down so long I rather them fix the network and make it safer and better the next time I connect to their network then a quick fix. Sony just happened to be targeted really bad because of the GeoHot case. But everyones freaking out because of no online. When consoles first started coming around their wasn't no Ethernet hookup or wifi. It wad straight single player or playing with some friends right next to you. Multiplayer is fun but their is more to games then just online play.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
What about people who are former PSN users who decided the PS3 and the PSN is crap compared to Live on the 360?

Their numbers were still in the hacked database. How will they be compensated?

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
"player will receive 30 days of free game time added to the end of the current billing cycle in addition to one free day for each day the system remains down."

I thought PSN was free....

G

SOE doesn't equal PSN you console kiddies. SOE's MMOs were also taken offline, if you couldn't figure that out by reading the article. That's who the "free days" + one month sub time is for.
The very first paragraph addresses SOE users not being compensated/spoken to as much as PSN users . . .lol. Reading fail.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Before any of you bitxh at Sony, please just close your FB account and/or any other "online" accounts as I can do a search and I can find pretty much Sony(and now the bad boys) has about you.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i play everquest.
the whole comunity, at least the vocal ones, are going on and on about how asking for anything is being a greedy prick, and that soe shouldnt do anything. and these are players, not puppets. granted some people were asking for raid gear load out as compensation.

all i wanted was a way to make up lost time.

shakl

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Planetside is the only SoE game I've had installed since... eq2 release. I love how they have nothing compensating us few Planetside players left. They (hackers, I guess) even cut my subscription off by SEVENTEEN DAYS.

Even if they give me a free 30 day sub, big deal. I've just missed out on over a month of a game I payed money to play. I bet the game I come back to will be even more dead than it is now due to anyone with half a brain jumping off the SoE fail boat.

G

I hold the same opinion as you do shakl. To be honest, I've been extremely disappointed about how they ran planetside into the ground. I was actually going to cancel my subscription when I discovered that I could no longer log in. Planetside, the idea, is wonderful, planetside, the game, is horrible. Planetside has it's fun moments, but the game is pretty broken, and with it's currently population, it's basically broken. Ever chase around someone with expert hacking who is flying a wasp putting ghost hacks on base after base for a few hours? To be honest, I have been searching for a solid replacement to planetside for at least 3 years. For those three years, nothing has come even remotely close.

What I have learned is several corporations and many people seem to want to believe if you make another FPS clone of counter strike and add a few RPG elements and a interactive lobby, you can call the game an MMOFPS. In fact, many seem to call counter strike an MMOFPS. It puzzles me how so many could be so wrong about something so very obvious and simple to understand. I purchase global agenda some time ago, they called that an MMOFPS. I've found top ten MMOFPS games on lists, mmohut, all of the games they have listed, I have tried, expolored and found their label of the game to be a complete lie or a total misunderstanding of what MMOFPS means. Supposedly they call marswars an MMOFPS, but I wasn't able to see the depth of the game that would allow me to call it an MMOFPS. Perhaps there isn't enough players in that game, who knows. I want my planetside clone and I don't want it from a ****** group of dumbasses who care more about their CEO's yearly salary than what they are doing.

G

Looks like PSN is back. For the first time I don't have a login error, I have system update is required. At last....

Status
Not open for further replies.