Solved! Sony DSC-T11 Will not turn on.

Michael Maddan

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
Hello! 10 years old, & looks NEW ( really). So: will not even turn on...good battery...I realize there's a CCD issue, but, this is not it! Ideas?

Solution
Make sure the battery you are using is charged; attempt to recharge the battery if necessary.

The charging indicator may flash if the battery has not been charged for a long time or if it is new, right out of the box. In this case, temporarily remove the battery and try charging it again.

If the charging indicator does not light up or blink while charging, make sure the metal contacts are free of any foreign material that may prevent charging. Use a dry cloth to wipe away any dust or other material on the battery terminals.

I also recommend checking this link for additional troubleshooting steps if the camera will not turn on...

manish_58

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
Make sure the battery you are using is charged; attempt to recharge the battery if necessary.

The charging indicator may flash if the battery has not been charged for a long time or if it is new, right out of the box. In this case, temporarily remove the battery and try charging it again.

If the charging indicator does not light up or blink while charging, make sure the metal contacts are free of any foreign material that may prevent charging. Use a dry cloth to wipe away any dust or other material on the battery terminals.

I also recommend checking this link for additional troubleshooting steps if the camera will not turn on.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40315/p/40096,40097,70000,70003/c/65,66/kw/wont%20turn%20on

If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Send your camera to a Sony facility to be repaired.

Solution

Michael Maddan

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017

Michael Maddan

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
manish_58: thanks for your help...I appreciate it! After my initial problem, I bought a new battery...problem solved! Note, that the battery I originally installed, was charged using a non-original charger...the charger indicated a charged battery, but the Sony disagreed! I used the same charger with the new battery, and the Sony liked it...! Oh well...most of us do rather like a Mystery, yes?! Once again: THANKS for your kind comments. Sincerely, Michael.