Sony dSLR Concept is on the Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Too bad for you people with abnormally large noses. If these comments weren't moderated there would definitely be some racist jokes flying around right now. :p

G

Why not? :)

It certainly does look like an interesting concept and it looks like it would be easier to balance while trying to hold it steady.

This is one camera design I would certainly be interested in from a photographer stand point and I certainly have done enough photography in my lifetime at that.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
With EVIL, you can put the viewfinder anywhere so there is no point in making a bigger/harder-to-make camera just to solve a non-existing problem. Of course, if the designer is still stuck in the dsl"R" age, he might have a point. It looks difficult to hold though.

VWXYZ

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
thats awesome :O! But I don't see how it solve oil on the screen? This seems to only maximize contact but allow me to still hold it closer.

Maybe its more tilted than it seem?

Cool idea :D but I would think it was unpractical for viewing the screen normally and for carrying the camera around.

outlw6669

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Neat, but not very ergonomic for shooting with...

Move most of the critical functions to touch positions in the trigger grip, release a better assortment of high quality glass and commit to better supporting the line and you might get a few more sales.
Until then, most educated consumers/pros will stick with Canon or Nikon.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
[citation][nom]mavanhel[/nom]Too bad for you people with abnormally large noses. If these comments weren't moderated there would definitely be some racist jokes flying around right now.[/citation]

And here's the first one. I think that those people with large noses that you're referring to would simply get a regular one and use a wipecloth rather than pay extra money for this.

And this comment is only racist if YOU are racist, so moderators beware.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Wait, it took a design student to come up with this? Give me a few bucks, I've got some awesome ideas for all the big companies out there.

G

Its easier to put a handiplast on the nose than to carry this weird looking alien device.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
It's a nice looking and well styled camera... but that is it. The angle that the screen tilts is as nothing compared to an actual nose... unless of course you spent the last 30 years at not being a very good boxer and have taken a few too many smacks to the snozzer.

Although the slight angle would make it easier for those rare but often exciting 'over the head of the person in front of you' shots.

serkol

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I don't like this design.

It's for a classical DSLR with the mirror. The future belongs to mirror-less designs with an electronic viewfinder. They have much smaller bodies, and you can just pull the electronic viewfinder further out of the body.

Tilting the screen makes you look at the screen from above - this is not the best viewing angle.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
This design may prevent skin contact on the screen, but what happens if I want to use Live View and line up a shot using the screen? It's on a stupid angle now so I can't see what I'm doing.

How about just extending (in theory) the viewfinder by an inch so I just don't touch the screen?

kansur0

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
This is innovation? How about moving the viewfinder to the left side of the body beside the LCD screen? The viewfinder is a tiny monitor. It can be located anywhere. DUH!

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]kansur0[/nom]The viewfinder is a tiny monitor. It can be located anywhere. DUH![/citation]

Not on SLR it's not - a prism in front of the shutter splits light coming in up directly into the viewfinder.

silentq

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
The bady doesn't look like it'll be great to handle. Looks uncomfortable. Plus it's Sony... I'd stick with other brands.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Maybe it'd be easier to find some oil resistant transparent plastics (or Aluminum for you Star Trek fans) rather than changing the camera body.

You can't compensate for all nose sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.