Sony Ericsson Intros Motion-Activated Earbuds

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]It's useless, imo.[/citation]
I agree.

Plus it's not motion activated if it relies on conductivity.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Sorry for double post (no editing):

Would that mean my light switches in my house are motion-activated as well? And my computer? I just flip the switch and/or push the button and it turns on. Motion activated. Wow, amazing.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
I don't like these kind of earbuds :/

fall out too easily specially when I say run for like 3 seconds to catch a bus

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]BallistaMan[/nom]That was a bizarre promo video...[/citation]
Indeed it was but I did like the music in it, anyone know what it was?

davisorle

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
1st, its "motion unrelated headphones".
2nd, if i wanna avoid a phonecall,yet listen to my music, how presice do I have to be to shove both earplugs in my ears to avoid answering the phone and/or just to activate the music eitherway?
3rd, it is a cool consept actually but as missleading as Sony's Wand. Wiimote without the buttons nor design prepaired for them so its still worst than the wiimote.
4th, those kind of earbunds are convient to "some" yet the tech if it works convienently for more than just some could bring more consumers to start uusing those if you think about it.
5th, my opinion on those is complicated. I dont even know myself :p

But they are seriously motion unrelated.-

nukemaster

Distinguished
I still think the button near the mic is a better option to take a call.

having the headphones turn on and off/pause the music when removed may be a good idea, but not to take calls.

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
button to answer the phone is way easier yes...
take the plugs out just to put em back in?
looks like they couldn't find any other way....sad

G

Eh, it's an interesting idea, but it still needs work.

@promo video: So I guess using these earbuds is like taking LSD.

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
You guys are missing the point.

1) When I (for one) have to listen to what one of my friends is saying I have to remove ear buds and listen to him (in most of the cases, I forget to reach out for my cell/mp3 and turn it off, thus waist my battery)
2) Even when you have the button on your handset to answer your calls, it's not enough when some one from the "outside" addresses you. Will you be able to hear him with such headphones? Not really, you'll still have to remove them out of your ears.
3) I wore so many headphones and this style almost never hurt my ears, big headphones always hurt my ears, the ipod (non in-ear) headphones are strong but not strong enough to isolate external sounds, thus make me crank up the volume, which in turn damages my ears. This type of headphone are easy to wear, come in 3 sizes (S/M/L) and do a good job for isolating external sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.