Sony Hacker GeoHot Now Working at Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Looks like a potentialy new white hat. If so good on them. Forming good relations with the people most likely able to rip your sight and security apart is a good thing for buisness in the long run in my opinion.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]soccerdocks[/nom]What is meant by a "permanent injunction"?[/citation]
he cant release anything that he knows about the ps3 hacking that isnt already out there without either being liable to civil suit (sony WOULD WIN this one, hands down, because of the agreement) or possibly a more serious, prison time offence.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Very astute, make a name for yourself then wait for the job offers to roll in.

If it wasn't Facebook it would have been Google, someone is always willing to pay money for a technically proficient individual, the whole PS3 and iOS thing was probably the best resume in the world.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I'll admit I don't know everything about his background, but it seems like Facebook was the worst place for him to go given they don't have any hardware devices.

He's likely being hired as a name and not for his talents.

If he ends up doing actual security work for Facebook though I'm hoping he makes a big impact.

tomrippity02

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]really?....what do you think he is doing at facebook....he is hacking your accounts[/citation]

I don't think facebook developers need to "hack" into your account. They can probably access the accounts freely.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]really?....what do you think he is doing at facebook....he is hacking your accounts[/citation]

Obviously not familiar with GeoHot: who is merely trying to bring ownership of a device back to the consumer, where it belongs.

Also, Facebook is a rotting cesspool of trojan viruses. Thankfully, (for the most part) they only infect Facebook accounts. Good thing they are hiring people who actually know how things work, rather than more marketing executives trying to keep Facebook 'fresh' by tossing things in a mixer and seeing what blends, then sloshing it on the wall and seeing what sticks.

G

@chronicbint

you really do work hard to earn your pay check from the MPIA and RIAA

G

That's like hiring a convicted bank robber to guard your bank IMO. All this hacker love is getting pretty old.

Status
Not open for further replies.