Sony Halts Shipment of PS3 Game "LittleBigPlanet" for Offensive Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomwaddle

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
You can play GTA which allows you to do driveby's, beat down people, pick up a hooker, do drug runs, pretty much everything under the sun. BUT, Heaven forbid something is said or done about the Quran. All various religions are spit on, mocked, and ridiculed everyday but nooooo, the Quran is off limits. I would love to see someone finally take a stand against this.

randomizer

Distinguished
So if they don't like singing phrases from the Qu'ran, what exactly do they like singing? *sigh* Why does the everything stop and change for no other religion but Islam? I'm not really pointing the finger at Muslims (because I'm sure they're not the only people who complain), I'm pointing the finger at the gutless people they complain to.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Well while I agree with the fella above, I have to say I know nothing of this "Qur’an," and honestly this is giving something a little more than is reserved I say. Of coarse Sony has already made the mind of the matter one could say. But also stated, this song and artist has been around if you bothered to look..so WHY now..I call shenanigans..and an unnecessary knee-jerk reaction.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Right..thanks for the direction although if you just take what I said for literal speech. Then seriously I KNOW nothing of it and honestly unless its effecting my people and my way of life should I care? I should not, perhaps that's considered a luxury? My point is if I were going to buy the game it might have just lost something different and unique..but I doubt it.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
If someone is offended by a game, then they should not buy it. Who gives a crap about a holly book? I don't!!! I can't even believe that such a big company as SONY is entertaining this idea.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]NeBuN[/nom]If someone is offended by a game, then they should not buy it. Who gives a crap about a holly book? I don't!!! I can't even believe that such a big company as SONY is entertaining this idea. [/citation]
Sony are trying to avoid a lawsuit, and I'm pretty sure that if they released the game as it was they'd damn well get one. Probably on the grounds of discrimination or something, it would probably work too.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
I am a muslim, and I think they are doing a great thing. I respect the fact that they respect our way of life. We don't take kindly to offensive behavior, treat others as you would want to be treated.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]I am a muslim, and I think they are doing a great thing. I respect the fact that they respect our way of life. We don't take kindly to offensive behavior, treat others as you would want to be treated.[/citation]
So I take it that blasphemy against Jesus in the majority of games ok then? Because I'm pretty sure no game developer or publisher has gone out of their way to change that. Funny how they'll do anything for Islam though.

G

The only thing that sony is doing is avoiding losing sales, only that.

Even if I think it's not worth removing a song from the disk andremanufacture all the disks again ($$$) but if someone feels offended by that track i think it's worth it doing all that.

noobe1981

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Screw that let them be offended! I'm tired of all this "I'm offended crap". If you're so offended DON'T PLAY IT, DON'T WATCH IT, DON'T LISTEN TO IT! But don't try to stop it from coming out at all.

From a business stand point. I get stopping it and pulling it back as it is only one song, and could cost them money. I just wish more people would take a stand, and say if you don't like it to damn bad.

dechy

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]O and @ randomizer, no they're are avoiding something much worse, perhaps a riot. Remember the cartoon of Prophet Muhammed[pbuh]?[/citation]

True, 'cause we know for a fact violence is pretty much the only thing on most muslim's minds when things don't go their way... then you wonder why most non-muslims see you as threats to their way of lives.

It's a %$^&$#^%# game for crying out loud, with a stupid song about the stupid Qur'an.

I dream of a world without religion... war about land, power, greed, etc... although still bad, can be fixed. Wars on religions can't.

FriendlyFire

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
@Dechy: Agreed totally. I think this is just utter BS.

What if I say game X offends me because it has references to a religion and I'm atheist? Could I get all the religious references removed? Heck no... But of course, Sony doesn't want a Jihad called against them for a simple SONG that's so subtle the guy had to ask his friends to make sure he heard well!

If you don't like the song, don't play the game. Now I wish Sony would sue the whole Muslim world for the cash loss and the waste generated by this total bullshit (Of course I know that's impossible, but I'd wish). Scrapping probably tens of thousands of Blu-Ray discs for no reason whatsoever? I don't blame Sony, they did the right thing for their business, I blame the constantly offended Muslims. Get over it, please!..

mbbs20

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
"So I take it that blasphemy against Jesus in the majority of games ok then? Because I'm pretty sure no game developer or publisher has gone out of their way to change that. Funny how they'll do anything for Islam though.
"

well randomizer u have to keep in mind if the developers ever did such a thing and I am sure they have done that countless times but if the christians ever felt the need of saying it is not correct then it would have been a different story...I dont know why but christaians these days are taking their religion and scripture way too lightly...no offense but all the remarks against this lawsuite are telling the same story...because if there was anything that could offend a Christian in a game then he or she should let the others know and in a cultured society the "others" should be decent enough to promptly rectify the mistake which sony did in this case so..whats the problem....ppl spilling hatefull comments for a video game...MY GOD just look how tolerant v have all grown up to...a video game ..unbelieveable......and please to all of us who say "I dont give a crap" or "i dont care"...well then that could be a two way process...others might say the same about you when u dont like something...so be decent and act like educated and responsible ppl living in a mutual world.

mbbs20

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Dechy[/nom][/citation]
no decky my freind that is not true...its light years away from the truth...every muslim doesnt have violance as the first thing in his mind...please stop believing your local news and newspapers blindly and get a cable so u can see bbc and other channels as well :) just kidding...anyways i can see u have a lot of respect for others apart from your own self as u have called 1.4 billion muslims and their most sacred scripture stupid quiet easily but still it speaks about how careless v have grownup as a nation..its always "me" "me" and "me" and the easiest way out of something is "i dont care"...aaah well and then v talk about "they dont care" about us...I know there will be a lot of angry remarks over my comments but I am willing to reply and talk with any reasonable person who has a clean tongue (no cussing plz) ...and if it isnt already clear enough till this time then let me say it "I am a muslim"...peace be to all

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
"We don't take kindly to offensive behavior, treat others as you would want to be treated"

Enter the real world buddy! If Muslims are that sensitive to this kind of rubish, they all deserve what they are getting in the world view right now.

Course the fact that they (or anyone) belive a book is "fact" or "holy" is the reason for all the worlds troubles.

Week willed, week minded people cause the rest of us to suffer on such benign things as GAMES, how unbelievably stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.