Solved! Sony Handycam Hdr-hc9

Mugr

Estimable
May 11, 2015
Hi there,

Iam trying to transfer some old files from digital tape via usb to windows 10.When I plug in the device, it shows up under media-devices in the device manager, but windows explorer does not show it and i cannot be selected in Sony Playmemory. Any ideas what I could do?

Solution
You can't transfer tape via a USB connection. The USB port would allow to copy pictures from the Memory stick if you have one inserted.

The preferred method for capturing video from that camcoder is via the FireWire (iLink) port. In the absence of a FireWire port on your computer the next option is to use a video capture device. You would want one that has a component cable connection.

Play Memories may only work with digital camcorders. It probably won't show in Explorer because there is no memory or drive for Windows to read.
You can't transfer tape via a USB connection. The USB port would allow to copy pictures from the Memory stick if you have one inserted.

The preferred method for capturing video from that camcoder is via the FireWire (iLink) port. In the absence of a FireWire port on your computer the next option is to use a video capture device. You would want one that has a component cable connection.

Play Memories may only work with digital camcorders. It probably won't show in Explorer because there is no memory or drive for Windows to read.

Solution

Mugr

Estimable
May 11, 2015

Ok, thanks, that makes sense. Any recommendations regarding video capture devices? Does the HDMI port of the camera not allow me to go directly into the GPU?