Sony Handycam Playback Problems

Jan 19, 2019
My Handycam DCR-TRV22E has got some strange playback problems recently. When I insert the tape (that includes footage) nothing is present, just a blue screen and the time is --.--.--- . The weird thing is when I remove the tape, the right part of the reel contains some bends and scratches. I'll post a picture of the tape compartment, in hopes that someone can help: https://imgur.com/gallery/KwNCmy4

Jan 19, 2019

it does advance but it shows nothing and it also records but when i go to playback still nothing. Also can you tell me what part in the image is the drum please?

Read the link I gave. It lists the parts. The drum is the big silver cylinder that's slightly tilted. Usually it has 4 heads on it, spaced 90 degrees apart. Its purpose is to spin at an angle to the tape, so the heads can read/write at a faster tape speed than the speed the tape is pulled across the mechanism. If it doesn't spin, the heads don't pass over the tape correctly, and you get no recording or signal.

Jan 19, 2019
Usually though when i remove the tape i see that the drum head is spinning

The heads or the electrical connection to the heads is probably shot then. Misalignment (the edge of the tape being chewed suggests the tape load mechanism is no longer aligning the tapes correctly) typically shows up as distortions or lines in the video image. The complete absence of an image says the camcorder is not getting data from the heads.

Jan 19, 2019
i actually checked the tape compartment to see the little stick that is on the top left of the pinch roller being very wiggly, yes that is supposed to be wiggly but it feels more loosened than wiggly. And this was proved after i compared the tape conpartment with another one of a similar camcorder, could this be the problem perhaps?

Jan 19, 2019
after a while i've heard something coming form the drum head, meaning that after a little bit it stops completely, so this is the problem but now the question is how was it caused and how it can be fixed?