Sony Hopes Nintendo's 3DS Does Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
He has an interesting way of looking at things. Even with the little jab at the end, there was a lot of praise to be had. Not exactly what I expected them to say about a competitor.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
what he really said is that they better do good or our next psp will blow their asses off..... maybe it was a subliminal message....

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Just like it took MS 10 years to come out with an actual consumer OS that is a GUI and multi-tasks... long after Amiga and Mac hit the market in 1985.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
That explains why Sony wanted the Wii to be successful, so then can release their own stupid remotes so that everyone will buy it. I think the 3DS can be quite successful, it's like an upgrade from the GBA to GBA SP.

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]Sony wants it to succeed.That way in 5 years they can copy it on PSP3 and act like it's amazing.[/citation]
+9999
That is exactly what it is. So many things Sony copied from Nintendo. Analog stick(but we used 2), rumble pack(we used 2 of those as well) are the first that come to my mind.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]I think the 3DS can be quite successful, it's like an upgrade from the GBA to GBA SP.[/citation]
Well, hardware-wise, it's a bigger jump than that. Judging from what I'm actually SEEING on it, and the comments from Nintendo on having a worse battery life than any DS, the 3DS will be vastly, vastly more powerful; think like a PS3 if it was limited to 240p instead of 720p. (i.e, about 1/9th the pixel count)

[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]is it just me, or does 3D on a small screen seem pointless and not very effective? Even on a large TV it doesnt work that well.[/citation]
Actually, from what those that've tried have said, and what logic dictates, says it works well: because only one person will be looking straight at it, that drastically simplifies things; no worries at all about viewing angle.

[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Just like it took MS 10 years to come out with an actual consumer OS that is a GUI and multi-tasks... long after Amiga and Mac hit the market in 1985.[/citation]
Coincidentally, 1985 was the year Windows 1.0 came out; I guess you forgot that there was ANY Windows be '95 (aka Windows 4.0) let alone these.

The PC platform was only plagued by price; a VGA card was vastly superior to anything any console or competitor could do, but at that time 256KB of RAM (when 8-64KB was standard) was expensive as hell, hence it was the equivalent of a Radeon 5970 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.