XxZacksterZxX

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Hey everyone,

I have a Sony BDV-E3100 HTIB and the speakers connect to the box with a strange plug. Even though I have successfully got 5.1 working even in chrome with the HTIB (with DTS interactive), I don't like the receiver. I was just wondering if I could snip off the end on the cord on each speaker and plug the bare wires into my Denon 5.1 receiver. Not sure if the speakers will only work with that specific plug.

Thanks.

Solution
You can do that with the front, center, and surround speakers but not with the subwooofer.
AV receivers assume you will be using a self powered subwoofer so they don't have an amp built in for one. HTS systems usually have the sub amp in the main unit.
The way around that is to connect the sub output of the Denon to an input on the main unit of the Sony. That will act as an amp to power the subwoofer.
You can do that with the front, center, and surround speakers but not with the subwooofer.
AV receivers assume you will be using a self powered subwoofer so they don't have an amp built in for one. HTS systems usually have the sub amp in the main unit.
The way around that is to connect the sub output of the Denon to an input on the main unit of the Sony. That will act as an amp to power the subwoofer.

Solution