Sony Launches New, Sexy OLED Walkman

Status
Not open for further replies.

longerlife

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2007
hmmm brown.... Didn't MS try brown with the Zune?

I don't ever want my electronics in brown!

I remember when computers were beige, and was delighted when the world woke up and realised they looked horrible...

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Reminds me of the Sansa players. Anymore, I think wifi is a necessity on all but basic, barebones players. And, personally, I am really sold on the Zune because of the inclusion of HD radio (as well as wifi, etc.) I just wish the new Zunes came in a flavor larger than 32GB, or had a microSDHC slot. That would make them pretty close to perfect in my book.

G

>will cost you a whopping $439. Yikes!

Not really. Pricing in the US market is not same as a simple dollar value converted mathemetically from Yen value. You can be assured the price tag will be much smaller in the US market.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]socrateos[/nom]>will cost you a whopping $439. Yikes!Not really. Pricing in the US market is not same as a simple dollar value converted mathemetically from Yen value. You can be assured the price tag will be much smaller in the US market.[/citation]

I'm pretty sure the prices are in US dollars. There's no way Sony is going to sell a 64gb mp3 player for $4.83 US...

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
I believe he is saying that the electronics markets do not scale accordingly, meaning just because something is X value in one country, does not mean it will be the same converted X value in another country.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I dont know if its just that ugly brown that managed to make somethign halfshiny look so oldish and bad :S

Anyhow, like always Sony's solution had to be expensive on top of everything else. Who buys their stuff? ( not all but most are just not worth pricewise ) Those are t blame for keep coming out with more expensive non worth hardware.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
A dead product from Sony once again. Why don't they just combine the PS3 or Playstation branding to their portable devices and make them interact together somehow. The WalkMan is more like CrawlMan.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Complaint about lack of camera from iPod nano faithful in 3-2-...

Nah, not even Apple cultists can understand the need for a camera in a miniature MP3 player.

I also don't understand this brown phenomenon. The T-Mobile G1 came in black, white, or brown. Who wants brown electronics?

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I think Brown is supposed to be the new "in" color. I prefer dark Blue or Dark Green personally.

Is there a format list for audio/video yet? If it can scale a 720 h.264 show down to the handheld screen I would be very interested in this (the black color of course).

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]Transmaniacon[/nom]I believe he is saying that the electronics markets do not scale accordingly, meaning just because something is X value in one country, does not mean it will be the same converted X value in another country.[/citation]

I understand that the markets aren't the same in every country. However, we can't assume the prices listed by the reporter were simply converted from yen only because the product have been announced by Sony Japan. Like we can't say that the product will ship on October 31 in Japan or in the US.

beehew

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
Brown? WTF? Although it still does look very nice. I know I won't be going back to apple once my iPod dies/explodes.

klezmer41

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
There are a lot more colors than brown that this player will be available in. Why they picked brown I dunno, or maybe Tom's Hardware just found a brown one and included it in this article...

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I want 80 gigs (the size of my music collection), and no features.
Nada, none.
I don't want to pay for the fat.

All I want is a music player with enough storage, how damned hard is that?
If I wanty to transfer files, I'll use a USB cord, if I want to browse the net, I'll use a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.