Sony led 55 inch no picture but sound

abbey01

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
I bought Sony led 55inch, last year June (2013), new with one yr manufacture warranty and 3yrs warranty from the store. For 6 months, everything works, after that, no picture but sound. I called where I bought it but said the item still under manufacture warranty and the store called Sony. Sony sent technician which repair their product for them to look at it but their technician said due to the scratch on the screen, that’s why there is no picture thereby my warranty is void. I didn’t scratch the tv, and it’s hardly someone can see the scratch the technician is referring to.
What my happen to the tv and the solution to it?
Thanks

Solution
i would get a second opinion from another tech.

a scratch which you can hardly see isnt going to cause loss of picture. if it was a major gash... then maybe (but this would be very noticible)

if something hit the tv hard then maybe... but more often than not it works but with distortion or strange colors.

once the other tech tells you what the real issue is then you can call the sony techs up and complain.

its hard to say what the problem is. it could be that the power supply for the backlight failed (lcd needs backlight to function), it could be that one of your hdmi ports or inputs is dead (have you tried others... or does the tv menu pop up at all?) or it could be that a board inside your tv is dead. of course it could be other...
i would get a second opinion from another tech.

a scratch which you can hardly see isnt going to cause loss of picture. if it was a major gash... then maybe (but this would be very noticible)

if something hit the tv hard then maybe... but more often than not it works but with distortion or strange colors.

once the other tech tells you what the real issue is then you can call the sony techs up and complain.

its hard to say what the problem is. it could be that the power supply for the backlight failed (lcd needs backlight to function), it could be that one of your hdmi ports or inputs is dead (have you tried others... or does the tv menu pop up at all?) or it could be that a board inside your tv is dead. of course it could be other things as well.

Solution

abbey01

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011

HELLO SSDDX,
thanks for your prompt reply. Based on initial complained to the shop I bought the item, the company send their own technician before Sony technician. The shop tech said something about the panel and that they will order for it and I waited for almost two months before calling them back, from that, I was told that Sony will be responsible for it.
Thanks for assistance

NOTE: I posted what you sent earlier that I don't know if I did it right or wrong, if wrong forgive me