Sony Offers UK Buyers 10 Free Games with PSP Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
The problem is not just the Go. All new PSP motherboards put an end to custom firmware, which was the reason why the PSP sold so well to start with.
Piracy aside, the PSP gets wings on custom firmware. On the official firmware, it's like a limp ostrich.

G

Damn, I live in the US, and I jus bought a white psp go. I didn't get anything free with it. I'm trying to sell it because the games are too expensive for it. If they gave the free games with it, I would keep and actually have games to play. I'm gonna call Sony and complain, which probably won't help...

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
tbh it was a great idea, having internal memory is great for people with too many games, but it's execution was extremely poor... making a jump like this shouldn't be held in the same generation, the psp go shudda been something completely new, so people can justify the extremely stupid price difference

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
damn shit , they should allow me to convert all my UMD to digital format... even now I cant play my old games in my PSPGO
sony you guys should come out with one fxxking solution!

G

Rab1d-BDGR hit the nail on the head. The PSP GO is a stupid idea if users can't transfer the games they already own on UMD. The whole idea isn't bad, but there's no clear vision here. Who are they targeting as buyers ? I can't see existing PSP owners running out to buy these unless they can somehow dump their existing PSPs and UMD games. The only group of people I can see buying these things are those that wanted a PSP, but never got one in these past several years. I can't imagine that is a very big group. In either case, I don't see a recipe for success with this device.

Status
Not open for further replies.