Sony: PS Vita Will Not be Ready by Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

lespy

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]this is gonna be dead on arrival. it seems like this offers less and costs more than a 3DS.[/citation]

i guess you haven't looked into what a the Vita can do.

On another note, very disappointed that the device wont be available by Christmas, even if all you offered was a metal gear game i would buy it flat out.

I've not used playstation since the playstation 1 and the first gen psp. They both still work and are fun to play on sometimes, but overall I havent strayed from the xbox since the console wars. Was willing to make the leap and purchase the Vita cause it offered so much more then a DS and always had a great online experience with it.

G

You can compare a 3DS to Sony Vita. Do your research please.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Pst, Sony, you're supposed to copy the good ideas Nintendo has, not the bad ideas. Even though the 3DS was overpriced and had a lacking release lineup, at least part of their error was releasing outside of the major holiday season when kids demand things like this, making it the "hot Christmas item". Not only have they missed a marketing opportunity, they've given Nintendo several more months to get their act together and release better games and features. By even early next year, they're going to have a much larger hill to climb.

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
My PSP-3000 broke and i decided to wait untill this was released to buy it (i stay away from the PSPgo [FAIL] ) but i guess ill buy a 80 dollar PSP again

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
If I remember correctly, the original PSP launched in December. Their marketing team knows Nov-Dec is the most opportune time to launch, it's basic stuff you learn in your first year of collage.

Something's off here. There could be some design flaw that they're currently working on, like cooling issues, battery issues, who knows. Me? I'll probably wait for the Slim version, but if it gets hacked (IF it gets hacked... which could take another 4 years if Sony learned a thing or two from the PS3) and Hitman 5 comes out on it (or something that I really really wanna play), I may just get one.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Apparently, either that can't make enough to meet possible world demand, or typical Japanese release schedule for new products. It is Japanese afterall... but more than that, when something new comes out in Japan, people will BUY IT. Even if there is only a few titles for it.

Then after another 3~4 months, giving developers times to come out with more titles and convert to ENgliSH - they release into the more picky USA market.

The 3DS developer is a bit stupid.... 3DS sales is effected by titles, its not a price issue... to somehow expect Nintendo to sell 20 million units overnight is stupid. It plays normal DS titles which is good. There is a possible issue of damaging children's eyes - so that is going to hurt sales.

In the crappy economy and useless political games (where are the jobs? FAA? Construction?) - its easier for a parent to buy a new DS for $90... than the $180 3D version for their 5~10 year old kids.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
let's see, no 3D games, no 3D movies, no Netflix, the are said to be much more powerful, but it's on such a small screen (you don't need a Radeon 6990 for 400x240 resolutions).

The graphics for games on the 3DS look very very good. just saying it's a 3D version of the DS is false. It's much much more powerful.

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
but instead stated that the company wants a solid software offering when the hardware launches.

You would think that companies that had done all this before would KNOW how to do this sort of thing. Really, what idiot let's HALF of their business model slide for a full year ?

Oh yeah, Nintendo and Sony.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Have people already forgotten how Japan was severely affected by humanitarian and natural disasters this year, POSSIBLY offsetting projects by JUST A BIT? although, Sony should kick back wayy back, on all paper launches, so should the rest of this industry. Half of Japan are relocating offices to quake free zones, etc. It's trying times for Japan, ever wonder why no PS3 firmware updates since hack? yet they released 50x firmwares once a week in the past to combat piracy and crap. They're going back to drawing boards, Japan owns Sony and Nintendo, they are in the meeting rooms for quite some time to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.