Sony: PS3 Getting 3D in Fiscal 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
If they go the double frames route (nvidia) I don't see the PS3 doing to hot. It keeps up with current games just fine but unless it's already outputting at 120Hz and not telling us this is going to lag. They are probably going with the polarizing tech.

ubergeek

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
" by the time 3D-capable televisions hit the market next year"
Uhhh, there are already 3D TVs on the market...

And uhhhhmm, 3D games have been possible a long time with Shutter or color filter glasses. Nvidia, e-dimentional come to mind....

Is sony trying to take credit for inventing 3D the way Al Gore invented the internet?

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
A lot of sour grapes from the posters above. Some excellent movies from studios such as Disney and the upcoming Avatar filmed in 3D. I'm glad my Blu-ray player is my PS3.
The option to play games in 3D is only a bonus - nobody is forcing you to play it. Besides I have both Xbox, PS3 and PC. All those knocking the PS3 for games - in my eyes there are 2 must-have exclusives on the Xbox - namely the Halo series and Mass Effect, and you can play them on the PC.
Must-have games like Killzone 2 and Unchartered 2 are not to my knowledge coming to the PC any time soon.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Sony once again shows why their the King when it comes to Gameing Consoles. Between the PS2 and the PS3 they are still leading in console sales and everyone thinks their in third place. Guess again they have more revenue and they will be around long after Nintendo and Xbox 360. I am sure happy i returned my Xbox 360, All their good for is over heating( RRD) syndrome and makeing lots of fan noise. PS3 has a better contoller and you don't have to pay to use online features. I can't wait to see the Holiday sales figures, i wonder if Sony will clearly win or completely destroy both the 360 and Wii at Christmas.

lawsudz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006
Yay! I can't wait for the headache-inducing 3D absurdity!
"The Wii is outselling us 20 to 1 and Xbox is getting all the exclusives... What do we do?!? I know, let's bring back a 50 year old technology and brand it as new."

Commence flaming in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.