Sony Pulls Support for Video of Exploding Children

Status
Not open for further replies.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
No pressure? If you don't do it we will kill you, sounds like a whole lot of pressure. That is a failed commercial, sending the wrong message. If they wanted to kill someone they should have made the people who chose not to help killing themselves, thus eluding to the fact that if they didn't help they would be killing themselves. How did the makers of this ever think it would be acceptable on a basic popular level. I don't think you could have shown this on normal TV in America no idea about other countries regulations.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
(to put in nicely) i think the creator of this should be fired, as well as the entire chain of stupid command that it went through from being developed throughout on to being produced... oh and all TV stations it was aired on.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]No pressure? If you don't do it we will kill you, sounds like a whole lot of pressure. That is a failed commercial, sending the wrong message. If they wanted to kill someone they should have made the people who chose not to help killing themselves, thus eluding to the fact that if they didn't help they would be killing themselves. How did the makers of this ever think it would be acceptable on a basic popular level. I don't think you could have shown this on normal TV in America no idea about other countries regulations.[/citation]
[citation][nom]micr0be[/nom](to put in nicely) i think the creator of this should be fired, as well as the entire chain of stupid command that it went through from being developed throughout on to being produced... oh and all TV stations it was aired on.[/citation]

its called black comedy, and for something like this, its appropriate. how many times have you seen this global (anything) bs, that you dont even hear it anymore?

that being said, anyone here think "climate change" is really? so you all know, climate change is the new term for global warming, which has been proven to be bullshit, however un scientists that said that were kicked out of the study and replaced with politicians to say whatever the un wanted them to say.

if there is anything that they should do, they should have a fact, a 75watt lightbulb over the coarse of a year costs 648kwatts worth of power, (71$ where i live) or use a 7 watt led light bulb that costs 7$ a year, per light (this is assumeing 24 hours the light is on, it is possible its 1/4 that cost)

showing that going green can save you a metric fuck ton of money a year would be the better thing to do that attempting to scare you

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
So, what I get when watching the video:
Support 10:10, if you arent convinced, then we will simply kill you instead of try to convince you. No pressure though... I mean, why give talking a chance when you can just kill them right?

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
As a video, I thought it was very funny.

As a commercial, I think it sends the complete wrong signals. I honestly don't believe these geologists when they say that global warming... oh wait, it's climate change now huh? Right then, I don't believe these geologists when they say that climate change is an issue. All I have to do is drive into the abundant amount of open space here in america to know that the pollution of the cities is diluted beyond notice in the country. This means that we aren't producing enough chemical emissions for the average human to notice, and if you didn't know, Nature is a lot more oblivious than humanity.

Also, because it sends the completely wrong message and goes against the objective of getting people to join willingly it is doubly funny.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
But also a bit disturbing as these people obviously believe their message. You don't joke about killing people unless there is some truth to the sentiment.

The average, friendly human being doesn't joke about killing people. It takes a predisposition to violence to even want to joke about this sort of thing, and because these people felt the need to joke about killing people over climate change, it suggests that the idea is on their mind.

I'm just glad they probably don't read Tom Clancy. If they did then we would really be in trouble.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
the concept, support and if you don't your worthless. video is neat, i wasn't offended. can understand why sponsors fled. i never herd of 10/10, controversial video, now i herd of it. objective achieved by the producer!!"because i got the message" producer is briliant because contraverse seems to be working.

jamsbong

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
We get the point that it is important to be concern about the environment. I'm an environmental scientist myself but I believe spreading the message should be done in a manner that can be absorbed by the masses and that is not the way. It is controversial and this is just risky marketing. Our environment is not something that I want to take risk and ruin it forever. I think the people behind this advert is quite irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.