Sony Restores PSN Services Around the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirateboy

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]macewrox[/nom]Interesting. Hopefully it stays up, and hopefully this "Second attack" wont actually happen.[/citation]

no, hopefully it will happen

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Yea, well, it took about 2 hours for my "password reset" email to come in. Why couldn't it have been done on the ps3 machine itself? Sending out all them emails is just a disaster waiting to happen.

G

Mine reset on the PS3 itself when i initially tried to log back into PSN. Only got email confirmation of password resetting.

G

i updated my ps3 to 3.61 but still can't access psn and change password

JerseyFirefighter

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]Good to see they had anyone still willing to use the service haha.....[/citation]

Thats only because theyre committed by owning the hardware... if complete cloud based gaming really takes hold, Sony's PSN would be filing for chapter 11 yesterday = )

captaincharisma

Distinguished
i don't get why some people switched to xbox because of this. you rather start payiong 50 bucks a year for something you could get for free just by waiting for it to come back and plus go buy a $300.00 gaming console that would only last 6-12 months? should go asking thes people for money since they like wasting it.

thats for the people who just switch and do not care or were affected by the personnel i9nfo stolen i can understand some people who wanted to switch because of that but still that can be alot of money for somthing you could have waited for

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]i don't get why some people switched to xbox because of this. you rather start payiong 50 bucks a year for something you could get for free just by waiting for it to come back and plus go buy a $300.00 gaming console that would only last 6-12 months? should go asking thes people for money since they like wasting it.thats for the people who just switch and do not care or were affected by the personnel info stolen i can understand some people who wanted to switch because of that but still that can be alot of money for somthing you could have waited for[/citation]
Strangely enough, I haven't seen anyone switch over from Ps3 to an Xbox 360. I'm sure it's happened but it didn't seem to be a large scale problem in my area.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
I own both Xbox 360 and PS3, and although I have to say that the PS3 is the superior console, Xbox 360 still has some pretty decent games, and there has never been a large scale hack such as this performed against Microsoft's servers. Maybe they're doing it simpily for the reliability and the security?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]i don't get why some people switched to xbox because of this. you rather start payiong 50 bucks a year for something you could get for free just by waiting for it to come back and plus go buy a $300.00 gaming console that would only last 6-12 months? should go asking thes people for money since they like wasting it.thats for the people who just switch and do not care or were affected by the personnel i9nfo stolen i can understand some people who wanted to switch because of that but still that can be alot of money for somthing you could have waited for[/citation]
Its ok playstation fanboy, the network is up again, don't be so sensitive.
/don't own a console

thibault109

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]i don't get why some people switched to xbox because of this. you rather start payiong 50 bucks a year for something you could get for free just by waiting for it to come back and plus go buy a $300.00 gaming console that would only last 6-12 months? should go asking thes people for money since they like wasting it.thats for the people who just switch and do not care or were affected by the personnel i9nfo stolen i can understand some people who wanted to switch because of that but still that can be alot of money for somthing you could have waited for[/citation]

A console that would only last 6-12 months??? I have mine for the last 3 years now.
A friend of mine had to change is PS3 2 time in 6 months... Is a better console for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.