Sony: Retrofitting PS3 Games with 3D Challenging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
this is just wrong, they should focus on making the technology cheaper and more available than killing it by retrofitting...

Rahbot

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
Oh BOY! I can't to buy a 52" 3D Sony TV. I'm also going to get one older PS3 Like the one i have now, I'm also going to get a newer one just because I want too. Hell I might as well get an Xbox360 oh wait it dont have 3D so never mind.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]Rahbot[/nom]Oh BOY! I can't to buy a 52" 3D Sony TV. I'm also going to get one older PS3 Like the one i have now, I'm also going to get a newer one just because I want too. Hell I might as well get an Xbox360 oh wait it dont have 3D so never mind.[/citation]

right like life didnt exist before 3D displays, how did we ever manage in 2D displays huh

personally new tech, i would steer a way from, its over hyped and its over priced and its not as we want it to be, so ya IMO waiting is always good, but if you got $$$ to burn then sure go for it, test it for us and let us know how it goes :)

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Hmm... Anyone played these 3D games yet? Is Sony just wasting their time? I really can't see 3D hitting the main stream. People talk about "clarity", but wouldn't higher-definition achieve the same thing? Since 3D is basically just twice the information throughput, couldnt' they have double Television resolutions instead? You know, give us 1620i instead?

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I will wait for the 2nd or even 3rd generation of 3d TV's. I don't buy tech until all the bugs are worked out and it will be cheaper too, so it is a win, win!!

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Why do the companies keep saying 3D is the next big thing, when everybody I know (myself included) could care less about 3D technology?

When we actually have true 3D Technology in the form of holographic technology, then and only then will I be at all interested.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]drutort[/nom].... i would steer a way from, its over hyped and its over priced and its not as we want it to be, so ya IMO waiting is always good, but if you got $$$ to burn then sure go for it, test it for us and let us know how it goes[/citation]

Agree. While I have no interest to be the Guinea Pigs... We still need people to "support" thoses companies' "R&D" on the 3D tech... so someday it will be mature and cheap enough for me to jump in.... :D

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
I hate 3D. Every company is saying that it's the next biggest thing, but it's about lowest on my list of priorities. How about they make games with realistic physics, better graphics, ACTUAL CAMPAIGNS. Screw this 3D crap, just worry about making good games; people will be much happier.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Rahbot[/nom]Oh BOY! I can't to buy a 52" 3D Sony TV. I'm also going to get one older PS3 Like the one i have now, I'm also going to get a newer one just because I want too. Hell I might as well get an Xbox360 oh wait it dont have 3D so never mind.[/citation]
Yes it soes LG and M$ are working on it.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
The television market is trying to be like the computer market, where its acceptable to have no technologies every few years. Little does the TV manufactures understand that it will never happen. Before the recession/depression hit, 1080p was supposed to be replaced this year by 1440p following by 1920p 3 years after that. New tv's required every time.

drizzo4shizzo

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
[citation]Before the recession/depression hit, 1080p was supposed to be replaced this year by 1440p following by 1920p 3 years after that.[/citation]

I have never heard of any supposed 1440p or 1920p. If you have a link please share it.

Now if you had said 2160p you might have had my attention. That is a number I have at least seen mentioned in forums, and it makes sense as it's double the vertical resolution

G

Does anyone else think that this whole 3D things is just retarded!?!?!

scifi9000

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
No I don't think 3D is retarted at all, but I do think it's not what is should be. Here is a news flash people. All of you waiting for it to get better before jumping in will probably never get it. If no one supports it now, it's future will be very short and there will be no 2nd or 3rd generation. The message will be that people don't want it.. period... the markets will not be wize enough to realise that the reason people didn't buy it is because they were waiting for something different. I too hate the current shutter glasses tech, and the way everything goes into the screen instead of popping out, but if no one buys, I will never see it improve. That's hard life.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]scifi9000[/nom]No I don't think 3D is retarted at all, but I do think it's not what is should be. Here is a news flash people. All of you waiting for it to get better before jumping in will probably never get it. If no one supports it now, it's future will be very short and there will be no 2nd or 3rd generation. The message will be that people don't want it.. period... the markets will not be wize enough to realise that the reason people didn't buy it is because they were waiting for something different. I too hate the current shutter glasses tech, and the way everything goes into the screen instead of popping out, but if no one buys, I will never see it improve. That's hard life.[/citation]
Are you saying i should waste 2000$+ off a TV and then 300$+ off glasses NO THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS