Sony Reveals PlayStation Move Racing Wheel Peripheral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
It was a lame idea when Nintendo did it for the Wii, and it's still lame on PS3. Who is going to hold that thing up in mid air throughout the course of a driving game? That's insanely tiring, not to mention the fact that any driving "game" that even half attempts to approach realistic physics would need far more precision than tired, wobbly arms could provide after say, 20 laps around a long track. I suspect the vibration feedback would just add to the fatigue. Fail.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Just as Antimatter79 said. I was going to simply say that This wont appeal to hardcore racing fans at all. These hardcore racers would prefer an proper steering wheel along with proper pedals and a stick. ^_^

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
[citation][nom]darkavenger123[/nom]Already proven failure on Wii and XBOX360....air wheels don't sell.Why are they making another one???[/citation]

Because Sony fanboys will buy it just to say "mine wheel is better than those non-selling ones for 360".

G

Racing Games being with a Logitech G27. Just stick with a gamepad instead of this "air wheel" failure. Good for the little kids however, perhaps that's the real target market.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
[citation][nom]Antimatter79[/nom]It was a lame idea when Nintendo did it for the Wii, and it's still lame on PS3. Who is going to hold that thing up in mid air throughout the course of a driving game? That's insanely tiring, not to mention the fact that any driving "game" that even half attempts to approach realistic physics would need far more precision than tired, wobbly arms could provide after say, 20 laps around a long track. I suspect the vibration feedback would just add to the fatigue. Fail.[/citation]
Actually, I use the Wii wheel all the time when I'm walking on the treadmill and it's a lot of fun and passes the time nicely--Mario Kart, Need for Speed etc... I used it for 70 minutes one day as I walked nearly 4 miles and had no trouble with any arm fatigue. I'm not suggesting this Sony effort will be a big success, but, holding a wheel in your hands isn't as bad as you imagine--if anything, it's very entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.