Sony Reveals Quad-core, Touchscreen PSP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Customer: "Hey Guys Look at that! its a PSP2! I want to have a go"
Store Owner: "Sure just let me take it off charge" (Hands PSP2 Over)
Customer: "Wow! this is awesome! Wait what just happened! LOW BATTERY!!! WHY GOD WHY!!!"

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Finally! it's about time they started using flash-based storage to store games!

The PSP2 looks like it's going to be a pretty good console, I hope they release Gran turismo for it.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]thefog101[/nom]Customer: "Hey Guys Look at that! its a PSP2! I want to have a go"Store Owner: "Sure just let me take it off charge" (Hands PSP2 Over)Customer: "Wow! this is awesome! Wait what just happened! LOW BATTERY!!! WHY GOD WHY!!!"[/citation]

You realize that more cores normally means better effiency, right?

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Specs wise its awesome. Battery life could be a concern. I'm also worried about this bit.

"Sony has said NGP will adopt a new medium for game titles, which it describes as "a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles."

So games still come on proprietary devices huh?

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]4745454b[/nom]So games still come on proprietary devices huh?[/citation]

While i can see what you're saying, its a damn site better than UMD.

G

Why are the cards for software at all, rather then selling them all form a single app store like the itouch?

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]ringi[/nom]Why are the cards for software at all, rather then selling them all form a single app store like the itouch?[/citation]

There will more than likely be an app store for minis and other little games, but proper games that have had major development are not viable for download considering they will be a good few GB's, therefore a media card will be needed. It's still far better than UMD and the best compromise between having physical media (UMD was power hungry and not that spacious as well as loud) and having an all download platform (see the psp go and what a failure that was).

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Probably a smart move by Sony shipping on a proprietary device.
It'll at least slow theft down on the device for a couple weeks; at least until pirates start to engineer their own NGP writers.

Same plan the Game Cube used back in the day.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... specs sounds like next gen iPhone and/or iPod Touch... preemptive strike from sony... but... will sony have 250'000 app's and counting?

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I love the technology, but, I still want to see then come out with something that just installs the game straight off your computer, like an active-sync thing so if you walk out of home, you never have to leave your games behind and can play them while you're away too.....

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
im hoping they go for a dual medium, making it possible to get a hard copy in form of a memory and also a software only. I do know a couple friend ho like too get games in stores whit all the accessories that follows art etc. Btw clean good design and 2 thumbs up for the sticks boya.

G

i'm not a playstation fan,

but this thing looks awesome!

i wonder how Apple will respond?

and i think they should move the joysticks up ABOVE the directional pad. and the other pad, but i don't know the name of the other pad.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I think battery life will be a concern. Sonys has a history of over hyping their products, then failing to deliver.

Anyone remember when they claimed PS2 doing toystory graphics then it never materialized.

PS3 doing 120 fps, lol not a single game does that up until now.

Again i think for a hand held this will have a hard time in terms of battery, I call BS on Sonys 5hr battery life claim.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
I had been thinking about distributing media on flash based "memory cards" since 2005, always thought that would be more expensive than CD's/DVD's/BR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.