Sony Reveals Red and Blue PS3 Slims

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
That's nice and all but other than maybe purchasing it for kids for their own room I really can't see it elsewhere. Those colors wouldn't match anything of mine and would stick out like a ugly sore thumb if I were to put it with my entertainment system.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I am glad I have my original healthy FAT shiny black SSD edition with induced cooling.

not so glad for noise though...thinking about burying it underground with a duct.

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
White??? That will look awful in most homes after about 3 months... it'll be yellow, especially if a smoker lives there. Red and blue aren't bad though... Bright shiny primary colors tend to sell...

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]dread_cthulhu[/nom]White??? That will look awful in most homes after about 3 months... it'll be yellow, especially if a smoker lives there. Red and blue aren't bad though... Bright shiny primary colors tend to sell...[/citation]
Well actually, if a smoker lives there, it will look horrible until they discolor it enough with their lung tar so as to match everything else yellowish/white

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Wow. So they are trying to keep people's interest in the aging PS3 by introducing new colors. That is kind of pathetic. Something like, 'oh hey look , the new White iPhone 4!'

G

I'm guessing you don't have one. Its still a very good machine...

thumbup02

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
[citation][nom]longliverock1974[/nom]Does offering new colored consoles really boost sales?[/citation]
Yes. I can think of plenty of examples where people waited for better colors before buying, or didn't buy it at all because it wasn't in a color they liked.

Ogdin

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
I have a even better idea,with all the security issues,and there latest EULA update,just go by something that Sony doesn't make.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]jgutz2006[/nom]Well actually, if a smoker lives there, it will look horrible until they discolor it enough with their lung tar so as to match everything else yellowish/white[/citation]
wooah now lets not be so judgmental on a tech forum budd. This isn't DARE class ya know. I don't smoke and dislike cigarettes too but jeeze.

but anywho, a typical, bad sales scheme once again by console developers.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
For some reason, I'm reminded to buy a Eureka or Bissel vacuum cleaner.

Anyways, I agree with the guy that the colors won't blend in well with a lot of homes. I can understand more of black, white, silver, or grey, but not those colors unless it's a special edition console with a game's logo or something.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
[citation][nom]pranxter[/nom]I'm guessing you don't have one. Its still a very good machine...[/citation]
Don't need one. My PC is a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.