Sony Says the PSP2 Won't Be Unaffordable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekimgnaw

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
I'm expecting iPod Touch (300+) prices possibly even iPad prices (400+). >.<

Unfortunately, I don't think OLED screens come cheap.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
I think 350 wouldn't be unreasonable. I was thinking of getting an android tablet, but this looks like a good alternative. Could use it for a media player and for playing emulators.

tim sutton

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
It's really pretty, and the hardware is probably worth £300 (uh. About $480 in kiddie money) but I just don't want it.

I'm sort of vaguely interested in a 3DS for something different, but I don't really want a high powered portable to play AAA games. I want to play those at home on a big screen.

neo_aeon666

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
I would go up to 349.99$

PsPs are usually not that bad to buy when they come out. I still have a 1000 Model and it is still very comparable to 3000... But I will wait for the 3ds light or 3ds i XL light Micro before jumping on the 3DS boat. People are talking about very bad battery life in 3D mode and much lower frame-rate.
And I learned my lesson with the first DS model. God when DS Light came out I was pissed it was so much better and you could actually see stuff thx to brighter screens and even better battery life lol... Felt ripped off.

My advice wait 6 months for a 3ds light with better everything to come out. And buy PSP whenever you see fit because it probably will stay good till the end.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Looking at the 3DS launch price, I'd say under 300 dollars for this is unlikely. Anything is affordable to some people, Sony, we want a hard number.

Fendulon

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
I think this will be worth it to me. I never bought a DS or a PSP so I am ok with spending a little bit more on a product that I feel I will be more satisfied with.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
haha more then 200 bucks these day with the ecomy down and my job being shysters on giving out hours...No way jose...I need a New cam...and a Car..so Ill wait a year after ts release.

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
OLED screen >= ips panel and is more affordable given the price schemes of smartphones with oled (any new samsung) vs. those with ips (like apple), and by the end of the year it'll probably come cheaper so it's probably a good call.

Regarding the specs, will it be able to make phone calls via 3g (like a normal phone that is, no skype or anything).

G

You are forgetting kids don't look at price tag. And most parents will buy it for their precise child, especially around holiday time.

the real mr b

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Just use the apple strategy : make it super overpriced. Then all the celebrities will buy it then all the normal consumers will finance theirs on 5 years to be cool.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
A PS3 can be bought for $299; true it is old tech, but you can play games on a large screen. If it has call capabilities and a reasonable voice plan, I would pay $399 for it; without call capabilities I wouldn't spend more than $350 new, and even then I'd wait 2-3 years to buy a used one for less than $250 probably.

SapienChavez

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
considering the value ive gotten out of my psp... id realistically pay up to $700.

not that thats what i expect. but you asked my limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.