Sony Sued Over Do-Not-Sue Clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I'm glad something is being done about this. I remember the article coming out regarding the change in T&C's and people were not happy.

Some companies think they can get away with anything.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
It's about time something gets done about this.
I hope the courts make an example of them, to discourage other companies from trying to exert undue control over consumers.

Of course... it IS Sony, after all.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
That is going to be interesting. 1&1, the domain registrar who cost thousands to loose their domains, has a similar clause in their fine print. So they get away with screwing us over unpunished.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]aommhh[/nom]Hello, everybody, the good shoping place, the new season approaching, click in.
This is a shopping paradise
We need your support and trust![/citation]
I wish someone would sue these damn spammers

G

I just want Sony to be held accountable for faults from their side, be it hackers gaining access to all account info or when my list of downloaded psn games disappears from the face of the earth.

I don't need to take them to court. Just give a letter "dear sony, my games on psn are missing. Help" and get a reply "Np, here are your games. We got hacked, please check your passwords and payment details and here is a little something for the inconvenience".

That way I am fine knowning that everything is back to how it should be afterwards.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Goldengoose[/nom]I'm glad something is being done about this. I remember the article coming out regarding the change in T&C's and people were not happy.Some companies think they can get away with anything.[/citation]

Did you know that EA has this "no one can file a class-action against us" clause too? They had this in their various EULAs before sony did, but everyone was too focused on the "origin is spyware" part of the story.

G

they should really just shorten their terms and conditions to:

1) Use at own risk
2) If anything happens, tell us
3) We will try sort things out if something goes wrong, but shit happens
4) If you don't like it, get an XBOX

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I love my PS3, but we shouldn't be forced to "upgrade or else" attitude from Sony.

After all it is MY console which I paid for, I should be able to use online regardless
of what system version I have on my console. Besides that on my opinion none of the
upgrades since 5 years ago to this day have never added any functionality pertaining
to the games I play on it.

Still, I'm forced (like everyone) to upgrade or forfeit online use.
Its just wrong.

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
+1 to Anonn.
Drwho1, I agree, just like the government cant force you out of your house when the sumami is coming. and your survivors can't sue. You still use IE6 too?

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Did you know that EA has this "no one can file a class-action against us" clause too? They had this in their various EULAs before sony did, but everyone was too focused on the "origin is spyware" part of the story.[/citation]

Wasn't aware of this, but I take special exception to Sony since I had already purchased my console and had a library of games that in some cases become essentially useless and unplayable because Sony gave me the choice of either losing access to my games, or forfeiting my legal right's, totally unconscionable in my opinion.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Console makers are retarded. Its too bad the world is full of simpletons who support shitsole gaming.

Console gaming =- taking away control from the user.. penny pinching for $$$

Imo someone should sue these tards for not supporting mods on all games just so they can sell their retarded DLCs.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Xbox has the exact same thing in their EULA, at least from the latest update that gave us the horrific metro interface.

"We are going to put a tablet/smartphone interface on your Xbox 360 now in case you have a kinect. If you don't, navigation will be much worse, and you will have trouble finding anything. Also, to download this update which is necessary continue to use your Xbox Live service that you already paid for, you have to agree to waive your right to sue us when we screw up."

Sounds like a good deal to me :\

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
I dont really think it matters to be honest. The TOS aren't really a legal agreement, and the fact that a minor could have been the one who hit accept for all they know just show how much of a joke it is (since minors can not legally agree to contracts without parental consent and signing with/for them). Although I am glad that they are getting sued for.

[citation][nom]kashifme21[/nom]Console makers are retarded. Its too bad the world is full of simpletons who support shitsole gaming. Console gaming =- taking away control from the user.. penny pinching for $$$Imo someone should sue these tards for not supporting mods on all games just so they can sell their retarded DLCs.[/citation]
Maybe you should try playing a few console games before you try to bash it. It isnt the console companies that are making you pay for the DLC. The game publishers are the ones doing that, UT3 for the ps3 supported any community mod that people encoded for the ps3. You could even d/l it through the games interface or on the pc and use a usb drive to install it in the game. The reason consoles are so popular has to do with the high cost of PC parts to make a decent gaming machine. 130+ for a min. video card, 120+ for the min. cpu, and then you have to upgrade them once a year or if your luckier or spent more once every other year to keep up with the games. While this does give better results compared to a console, the price just becomes to much for most users (not to mention the consoles have a less hardcore group of people that make the games more enjoyable to play online) then there is the fact that its smaller and more convenient to have to just play when ever you feel like. So before you get all high and mighty, maybe you shouldn't talk out of your a** and get over the fact that your choice in gaming and shrunk in popularity and do what gaming is rlly ment for, having fun.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom] So before you get all high and mighty, maybe you shouldn't talk out of your a** and get over the fact that your choice in gaming and shrunk in popularity and do what gaming is rlly ment for, having fun.[/citation]

He's right, the console ''gaming'' peons really at the root of the cancer that is killing hardcore gaming.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]I love my PS3, but we shouldn't be forced to "upgrade or else" attitude from Sony.After all it is MY console which I paid for, I should be able to use online regardless of what system version I have on my console. Besides that on my opinion none of theupgrades since 5 years ago to this day have never added any functionality pertaining to the games I play on it.Still, I'm forced (like everyone) to upgrade or forfeit online use.Its just wrong.[/citation]

they force you to take the update because it is the most secure version of the firmware. they do this because they want to keep there network as secure as possible. now would you want a computer with tons of backdoors and exploits on your home network? i think not

Status
Not open for further replies.