Sony Updates Compact Mirrorless Camera Line With NEX-5T

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
So, owning a Sony Nex camera myself, I can't help but wonder how freakishly huge this woman's hands are in order to make the camera look so small.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
too pricy for what it offers, and while is has a proper sensor (instead of the micro 4/3rd crap), it lacks all useful control that allows a dslr class camera to take good pictures.

How are you going to quickly change the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO while shooting in manual.

People upgrade to a camera with changeable lenses and a better sensor so that they can get more professional looking images that don't look like your everyday snapshot, and good results generally require manual mode since the light meter is not always accurate and is easily fooled. (even on high end cameras such as the canon 1Dx and the Nikon D4, the light meter is wrong more often than not, especially in low light situations and high contrast situations.

Whats the point of charging a DSLR price if you are going to not offer the full DSLR functionality (and controls which is one of the most important aspects of a DSLR)

ohyouknow

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
I really enjoy the mirrorless crowd and enjoy getting to see exactly what I'm going to get when I shoot it. Either through EVF or Screen. I feel with a few more iterations and an affordable full frame alternative, I'd consider switching over from my DSLR setup. However, the biggest hurdle is the frackin' battery life. It sucks up so much juice, getting half the amount of shots from a DSLR is wishful thinking.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
If I had some extra cash and older MF lenses lying around, a mirrorless would be the best way to use those assets. With the right adapters, these can take literally anything.

nekromobo

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
razor512: thats why you have the 49-segment exposure meter. I have the NEX-5R and it takes amazing photo's on auto, you usually dont have the time to do all pro-manual. I don't think that NEX-cameras actually miss anything that DSRL has, except size.

People should really read a review or 2 before FUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.