Sony vaio laptop runs on battery but not electricity

Joanner

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
The Sony vpcf1190x laptop will briefly turn on (1second)when plugged in and then power off. It will run on battery but now the battery is dead because it didn't charge due to the problem of electricity not staying on.

Solution
Well as we both said, Mobo, which is customized specific to that brand / model, and wouldn't be cost effective (as now is it also the CPU with it, did the RAM sticks get fried in the process, etc.) as compared to how much 'value' (performance) it provides as compared to newer systems which (unless specifically focused on mobile gaming) are incredibly cheap ( $249 for a general use laptop is a 'normal' price).
Did you take the battery out, unplug the power from the back, wait 10 minutes, plug in JUST POWER (no battery) what do you get?
If it fails at this point sounds most likely the power jack in the laptop itself is broken (common problem with people not familiar to being VERY careful with their laptops) and is too costly to replace (motherboard, time to unscrew, unmount, remount, test, etc.) the broken components then to simply by a new laptop.

Given that is now becoming a 5 year old system (3 years MAX warranty on parts) and this issue, your only answer is a new laptop. As for the data on this laptop, unscrew the panel on the bottom, remove the HDD, get a case / USB-connector and use it as a external drive to get to the data (NO you can NOT use ANY of the programs not Windows on it, it will be just like a thumb drive now).

Joanner

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I have replaced the dc jack,tested the power cord and dc jack with a multimeter. I guess it is something on the motherboard. The battery was fine until it ran down bc of this problem. And if I could recharge the battery it would all still work. Without battery in I get momentary power but no sustained power so I was hoping someone might know a solution

Well as we both said, Mobo, which is customized specific to that brand / model, and wouldn't be cost effective (as now is it also the CPU with it, did the RAM sticks get fried in the process, etc.) as compared to how much 'value' (performance) it provides as compared to newer systems which (unless specifically focused on mobile gaming) are incredibly cheap ( $249 for a general use laptop is a 'normal' price).

Solution