Sony VAIO VPCEG16FM - won't boot, more info below.

cwalker457

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Alright, so I have a Sony VAIO laptop that won't boot. Obviously, the first thing I try is to boot in safemode, so I press f4 of whatever button to get into the advanced settings, they load and as I'm going to select and option the computer shuts off right away. The second thing I try is to recover the computer using the VAIO rescue thing, which its lets me run, but it runs to about halfway and just shuts off. Then I tried to press f2 to see if my HDD is detected and it is, with all 640gb. Now I tried to just turn it on normally and it just says no operating system found. Please help. If the HDD is the problem, I was thinking of buying an SSD anyways but I don't know how I'd back up to the SSD without a working computer. And then I don't know how I'd get the OS on the old HDD on the SSD if I can't even acess the computer to back it up to the SSD. Thank you for any replies and advice, they are all greatly appreciated.

cwalker457

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

There is no option when I get into the BIOS to see the CPU temp, or any hardware monitoring. Is there any other way to get into something to see that? The current button I press right now is F2.

cwalker457

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

It does not shutdown in the bios, After I save the setting of the BIOS it still boots and says no operating system, it doesnt crash of shut down when it says this.

cwalker457

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

It is weird though because if it cant find any OS to boot, how can I still go into the VAIO rescue software? Even though it ends up shutting down midway anyways

ffg7

Splendid
appears not to be a cpu temp problem then. do you have a windows disk to boot from to see if still shuts down or not as did this with my 1st laptop which was also a sony viao to make certain it booted off the disk before getting a new replacement hard drive?

cwalker457

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

I dont have a disk ): I only have the OS that was preinstalled into the computer.

cwalker457

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

Something unexpected happened, so I tried to run the VAIO rescue thing again, and it worked this time, it made it farther than it did last time, so I have my fingers crossed, I will keep you posted as other problems might arise :) , either way thank you for all your help, and for taking your time to help me.