Sony Vaio VPCF11M1E - Loud fan noise and high temp GPU

Xavier_22

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Hi,

My Vaio Laptop's fan is very noisy, I mean he is spinning like crazy most of the time.
I've monitored it using speedfan and here are the result
When the computer's fan is not peaking I've got this :
GPU : 63C
CPU : 61C
CPU Fan : 3960 RPM

When it's going crazy :
GPU : 75C
CPU : 61C
CPU Fan : 6480 RPM

Between the two measures, nothing really happens on the computer:
GPU is NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M GPU
CPU is i5 M 520@ 2.4 GHz

From what I see issue seems to come from the GPU temp even If it seems CPU temp is relatively high.
I've read some posts about changing the thermal paste of the CPU is there similar paste for GPU ?
Should I change the fan ?
What would the best steps de try solving this issue?

Thanks for your help
Xavier

Solution
The paste would be the same for both. :)

If replacing the thermal paste doesn't help, then you may want to consider replacing the fan.

Also make sure there is no dust/debris in the device and that it is is getting good air flow. Anything blocking that can cause problems.
The paste would be the same for both. :)

If replacing the thermal paste doesn't help, then you may want to consider replacing the fan.

Also make sure there is no dust/debris in the device and that it is is getting good air flow. Anything blocking that can cause problems.

Solution
Aug 27, 2014
See my other previous posts on fan noise repair solutions noting these are temporary as noise is a bearing/bushing in fan worn or fan shaft itself but since that's steel and bushings are brass the bushings go first. Cheap replacement from junk tower perhaps. I really suspect that the exhaust vents for your fan is plugged solid making the gpu/cpu work hard. Replace cpu heat sink paste and clean fan and it's vents. Most fans come apart to do this process. Use toothbrush paintbrush alcohol. Put light oil like sewing machine oil on shaft of fan if you can gently pull fan blade out of its socket and remove all hairs. Don't lose washer on inside of fan shaft.
Cpu gpu crashing when it gets to 104 degrees for protection. Clean fan on gpu and dust balls etc. Must remove cpu fan/s to access exhaust vent fins clean with tooth brush and alcohol then lube fan blade shaft if possible. This is temporary fix for fan. Windows generic drivers for your hardware may heat up computer. Update all.from manufacturers site eg Dell, HP, etc or find a free driver updater and then update them and update windows over and over upon new installations of windows or if never done. Don't pay for driver updater it's free. Look at youtube videos on how to do any of these tasks.