SnowyTerror

Estimable
May 30, 2014
I have been trying to use my Graphics Card to speed up the rendering in Sony Vegas 13 and for some reason it can't pick up my Graphics Card which is a GTX 750Ti. I have checked to make sure my Graphics Card is updated to the latest version

I have tried following tutorials on basically how to make Sony Vegas include the GPU for rendering the videos. These are just two of the other videos that I have watched and have got me no where.

Some of the Tutorials I used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OfY1BnOXQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOf4dkwdQ14

Could someone please give me some assistance on how to make it work with my Graphics Card. One last thing to mention is that I have went to - Options > Preferences > Video > GPU acceleration of video processing to my Graphics Card however while I go to render the project via following those tutorials it says I don't have a graphics card.

I'm pretty sure that's all the info you need to know about my computer and the software version:

SVP13 - Version 13.0 (Build 373) 64-bit
CPU - AMD 8-Core 4.0Ghz
GPU - GTX 750Ti OC Edition from MSI

SnowyTerror

Estimable
May 30, 2014
JavaScript:

That is basically what I was doing. when I go to check for the Graphics card under "System" that is the part that doesn't work

Casal Gamer

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015

I'm having exactly the same issue with the same GPU and the same build. I never saw before this CUDA tool. I installed and tried but it didn't worked. I'm sorry for awakaning thie old thread but i'm really desperate, as I need to upload videos frequently and my computer is taking all the load. It takes 2 hours to make a 1 hour webcam render and the CPU gets on 100%.

I tested the samples that come with the ToolKit and they worked fine, I don't know what to do anymore.

p82___

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
As of driver version 340.52 around July 2014, NVidia has pulled the CUDA video encoder from the drivers. Vegas will say that CUDA is available, although will be unable to use it to support rendering videos, and render using CPU only. Supposedly they wanted to promote their NVEnc (ShadowPlay) that is only available on the 600 series and newer.

When I was still using my GTX 550 Ti, I had to re-install Windows completely to get an older driver to install properly, and restore functionality of the CUDA video encoder. Dropping DLL files into folders does not work. Cards this old will seldom benefit from the latest drivers anyway.

I suspect that Vegas doesn't use OpenCL on my RX390 now either, and using the vfw264 encoder to make use of AMD VCE (Video Coding Engine, the pendant to NVEnc) resulted in massive audio desynchronisation.

pipelinos

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
First, sorry for my english.

Second, in VEGAS 13 or 14:

Go to Options > Click Preferences with SHIFT key press on keyboard > INTERNAL option (up-right eyelash) and search GPU in down box.

Later, change the value ALLOW GPU RENDERING: value FALSE to TRUE and close Vegas.

When you open Vegas, you can choose CPU, CUDA or OPENCL option render.

Regards.