Sony Vegas color problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I would not suggest that you convert every video you record. I was only pointing out what worked for me with that video. As far as I could tell there was no loss of video quality with the conversion. As you said in Edit 1, the codec might indeed be the problem. As for Edit 2, I don't know what changes were made from Vegas 12 to 13 so I'm not the best person to answer that one. The rendering time may be faster with 13 but it may not be enough to be concerned with at the moment. This review from VideoMaker will do a better job of explaining the differences than I can - http://www.videomaker.com/article/17542-sony-vegas-pro-13-review

Would love to help with Edit 3 but I don't use Dxtory or any other game recording software...

Getting an error page when clicking on the link you provided.

Tony Donev

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014

Should be working now

Tony Donev

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014

Yes you are correct the original file is in a .avi container recorded with Dxtory using the x264vfw codec i can upload it if it helps troubleshoot, i've tried different project properties and render settings still getting the issue .

It is completely up to you regarding uploading the file. I know .AVI files have a tendency to be on the large size. If you are willing to do so I could try the file with a different editor just to see if I get the same results. Have you tried converting it to another format before editing with something free like Handbrake or MPEG Streamclip?

Tony Donev

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014

I will upload it but have in mind its 1.8gigs , haven't tried converting it because i have other clips i took earlier for testing purposes that didn't have the issue .

Here is the original file
https://mega.co.nz/#!TZhnXapJ!oE7LpO_lzUuuDL9nOYNpds7UiJxif2lKmScIBos45oE

I just started the download (7:03 PM EST) and will test it later tonight.

Update: I opened the file (original file) in Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 and did not see any of the color glitches. However, when I imported the same file into Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and Premiere Pro CC 2014 I saw the same sort of glitches you have in the video you posted. I converted the file to an .m4v format using Handbrake and not only was the file size considerably smaller (around 80MB) I didn't see any of the glitches when viewing in Windows Media Player or after I imported it into Premiere Pro. The converted file also worked in Windows Movie Maker.

Tony Donev

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014

So you are suggesting i should convert everything i record, wont it lose quality when i convert it , i am currently recording with dxtory using the x264vfw codec if you have any suggestions on a recording software that can record anything than .avi
Any idea what might be the cause of this .

EDIT: Definitely a codec problem my guess is somewhere in my x264vfw codec settings tried the default dxtory codec no problem with it and all the other codecs work fine

EDIT2: One more thing Vegas pro 13 always crashes when i try to render something on Windows 10 had to get Vegas pro 12 with which it works perfectly am i loosing anything from the downgrade .

EDIT3: I've went with the Lagarith Lossless Codec seems to be working fine, any suggestions you might have .

I would not suggest that you convert every video you record. I was only pointing out what worked for me with that video. As far as I could tell there was no loss of video quality with the conversion. As you said in Edit 1, the codec might indeed be the problem. As for Edit 2, I don't know what changes were made from Vegas 12 to 13 so I'm not the best person to answer that one. The rendering time may be faster with 13 but it may not be enough to be concerned with at the moment. This review from VideoMaker will do a better job of explaining the differences than I can - http://www.videomaker.com/article/17542-sony-vegas-pro-13-review

Would love to help with Edit 3 but I don't use Dxtory or any other game recording software. Nothing against any of them it's just that I'm not a gamer so I am far from the best person to answer that.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.