Sony Warns About 3D Dangers on PlayStation 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Ciuy[/nom]so....3D is bad /[/citation]

So is everything in todays society really. If it doesn't cause cancer, it lowers your IQ or turns you into an axe wielding nutjob.

Its more the fact that this 3D technology has only been around for a relatively short time in the mass consumer market and because we're not all exactly the same, people will react differently (phyiscally) to the new technology. After all it does "trick" you mind into perceiving 3D images rather than actually producing them like in most sci-fi films and shows. As Nintendo pointed out there is a chance 3D could harm younger children due to developing depth perception at that age tho the effects haven't yet been documented fully. If anything this is more a way of covering themselves in case any adverse long term side effects from prolonged use does do physical harm. The Nausea and headaches are the body's first warning that something isn't right. It kinda reminds me of the experiment where they used glasses that inverted the image when people looked through them. After a while the brain adapted and displayed what it was viewing correctly and when the glasses where removed the person saw everything inverted. While their view returned to normal again, who knows the effect 3D could have on your brain long term.
TBH I guess overall this is more protection from any potential law suit. We do live in a sue happy culture.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Just waiting now for the first jackass to let their kid go on a 3d bender screw up his/her eye sight and blame people who had already warned him over the danger.... Let the lawsuits begin :( Idiots....

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
3D viewing can cause seizures.that is a fact for some folks out there and mnaybe like me.
i am on a prescription to stop seizures.there is no way i am sitting in my living room watching hours of 3d at a time.
hollywood stop the remakes and write better films.we do not need more eyecandy.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Warning: Stereoscopic 3D diminishes from visual quality. Sony will not refund complaints from the loss of aesthetics through the use of this device.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
I don't know what is really going on by watching 3D movies or games.
My last 3D movies is Avatar and watched it with 7 friends and my sister.
4 of us (thankfully not me) complained that they were feeling dizzy a few minutes after the movie started and it kept going on even until several hours after the movie ended.
I enjoyed the movie without any problem at all.
I think there should be a special research regarding this matter.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
There are already this kind of warnings for non stereo 3D games.
Warnings about epileptic fit, headaches, tired eyes, ...
No big news.

As feeddagoat said, it is also to protect themselves from any potential law suit.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]So that's a good thing?OK whatever you say Jack![/citation]

I guess the concept of Sarcasm is lost on you then

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Sony's version of 3D is bad to begin with because there's like 3 or 4 devices in between your eyes and the 3D image. (The 3D player, the 3D TV, the synch device, the glasses)

- Bad for your eyes and bad for your wallet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS