Review Sony WF-C500 review: These $99 buds are a top value choice

Sep 14, 2022
I strongly (but respectfully) disagree. After having spent the last month with the WFC500's - I was left unimpressed. The sound quality was okay, but not what I would've expected from sony. The app felt a bit empty & at times didn't even seem to work for me... One of my biggest complaints is how easy it was to accidentally press the button on the earbuds and accidentally hang-up a phone call when trying to just put the earbud in... Ultimately the reason I returned them was because of numerous complaints from people during phone calls having trouble hearing me... Granted, it could have been an issue with my unit only, but who knows...

Anyway, I ordered the Jabra Elite 4 as a replacement (they are also $99) and so far I am much happier with these, the sound quality is better, it even supports aptx (which the WFC500's did not) - i dont have accidental presses that end phone calls anymore & the app feels like it's been built out with considerably more attention to detail and quality assurance than Sony's & the features (such as "hear-through") are really useful and effective. (oh I forgot to mention the Jabra Elite 4's also have ANC)