News Sony WH-1000XM4 killer revealed — and it's crazy expensive

Aug 28, 2020
Is the 38 hour battery with or without anc on? Sony xm4s have a 38 hour battery life with anc off.

Sep 18, 2020
Is the 38 hour battery with or without anc on? Sony xm4s have a 38 hour battery life with anc off.

B&O H95 headphones have a battery life of 50 hours with ANC off, and 38 hours with ANC on. I received mine two days ago and they beat the Sony XM4s hands down on sound quality (exquisite), battery life, design, superb comfort and build quality. These are simply in a different league.
I've just ordered a 2nd pair as my wife keeps dragging them off my head. She's a concert pianist and she says the sound quality is like actually being there, playing with the orchestra - she said it's almost surreal it's so fantastic.
To be honest, for what these do, the £700 price is incredibly reasonable. After using these, nothing else will do - the pleasure they give is priceless.

Reactions: isaachaze1
Sep 18, 2020
B&O H95 headphones have a battery life of 50 hours with ANC off, and 38 hours with ANC on. I received mine two days ago and they beat the Sony XM4s hands down on sound quality (exquisite), battery life, design, superb comfort and build quality. These are simply in a different league.
I've just ordered a 2nd pair as my wife keeps dragging them off my head. She's a concert pianist and she says the sound quality is like actually being there, playing with the orchestra - she said it's almost surreal it's so fantastic.
To be honest, for what these do, the £700 price is incredibly reasonable. After using these, nothing else will do - the pleasure they give is priceless.
It's very hard to find any decent review of these for some reason. I'm curious how the ANC compares to the XM4s. I'm curious how sound compares to my wired headphone such as Grado RS2es I've been using a lot lately and Sennheiser HD 800 s. Black is not available right now, so I'm waiting (yes, I have a LOT of headphones, and sort of a junkie). Your comment is helpful.

Sep 18, 2020
Reviews are hard to find because they've only just launched and were sold out in 5 hours.
One review you might like to see is from GQ magazine: I don't agree with all of it, so many journalists get bogged down on price however justified in terms of performance and quality. To say these are expensive is like saying an Aston Martin is expensive - yeah, but look at what you get.
I am also a headphone junkie (now reformed after getting these). I also have the same Grado and Sennheisers you mention. No comparison. The ANC is also far superior to the Sony XM4s.
One thing I didn't expect was how pleasurable the ring adjustments are to use (Vol on rt and ANC on left ear). You might think this is a small thing but when you have them, you'll see what I mean. The engineering is so, so great.
B&O offer a 30 day money back guarantee so you could try them and return them if not blown away. I'd lay money that you won't be sending these back.
I've ordered a second pair for myself as I can't get them of my wife now. I find you soon forget the cost but the pleasure lasts for years.

Sep 18, 2020
I did read the GQ review and every other review I can find plus the reviews on youtube (which are crap). Jim's Review Room on YT is usually pretty good, but he hasn't done a review of anything in a while. Tyler from Innerfidelity was the best, but he's retired. I think the reviewers make sure they talk about how expensive they are so as not to alienate the people who are going to scream bloody murder about the price. I'm surprised to hear about the superior ANC to XM4s. I have the xm4s and QC35s and really anxious to do my own comparisons for the ANC and sound quality compared to good wired headphones.
I thought the grey one are still available on the site, but I have not actually tried to purchase them (getting non-black is not an option for me anyway) . I have requested to get an email notification from B&O when the black ones become available. Your input is appeciated.