Sony: Yes, We Are Ditching the PSP Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpavao81

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
@qhoa1385 they are not scrapping all psp's just the PSP Go Model because it sucked compared to the regular psp. They are still making the regular psp and still going to be making the PSP2

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]cletus_slackjawd[/nom]simply allow homebrew on said device, open it the hell up and it will sell like hotcakes[/citation]
Hell, not even that, they should at least made it so every game that was available for the psp was available on the psp go. There were plenty of titles you could only play on the psp because they simply weren't on psn. There's also the issue of 16GB being enough to hold only a few games because some of the psp games can be over a gig. It was a piece of junk compared to the psp.

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Honestly, the PSP is a pretty sweet little piece of hardware. Just like lots of consoles, they had great potential, but didn't work out. I'm thinking of the SEGA systems back in the day. Look at the gameboy. Everyone wanted one because they had awesome, portable games.
I like my PSP, but I never use it because I've played all the games I've wanted to play and I never play for more than an hour.

I also wish it were easier to do more homebrew stuff with the PSP. That would open it up to all sorts of things.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
The PSP started with a wrong mindset to begin with. It tried to be a portable console rather than a true handheld.

There aren't that many people that want full blown gaming even when on the move. The traditional handset users are children and people commuting/travelling. The former want simple, entertaining games like Pokemon and the latter games that are simple and fun for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.