Sony's Party-Shot Pans and Shoots Automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I don't know about the parties that sony execs go to, but I'm not about to leave my camera sitting by itself around all of my drunk friends.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
""Often times the best photos you end up with are ones that you didn't take yourself or you don't remember taking and only see the next day. ""

I agree... BUT, also, these can be some of the worst shots!! you know... the candid one of you drunk in the Eeyore outfit for laughs.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Chances are everybody at the party is going to just sit in front of it wondering what it's doing and it's going to end up snapping a good 2 dozen photos of your wide-eyed friends that are now jealous of your automatic stalker camera.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]thepetey[/nom]this is an interesting concept... kinda defeats the art of photography though[/citation]

Party snaps don't require the art of photography so I think we're safe.
[citation][nom]08nwsula[/nom]I don't know about the parties that sony execs go to, but I'm not about to leave my camera sitting by itself around all of my drunk friends.[/citation]

You're not Japanese. This is a very, very Japanese product to the extent I don't see it taking off in the West.

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]Party snaps don't require the art of photography so I think we're safe.[/citation]

When your using a Rebel T1i .. all shots are art ;) .. not that this applies to the story or anything. hah

G

This article is an excellent opportunity to bring up a subject near and dear to the hearts of everybody who doesn't want a police state in America. Did you know that in the EXIF tag of a jpeg image, there is a GPS location of where the image was taken, and the zoom level(for the GPS of the object being photographed)? It seems every camera out there has GPS built in, even if it's not advertised. A few tag strippings and format conversions in an open-source(re: not made by Adobe) photo app should clean it up.

G

Oops, I almost forgot, there's also watermarking in the photo, overlaying an image faintly with another random image and then cropping/resizing it slightly should fix the watermarking.

spaz480

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]Party-Shot huh? I have a dirty mind I guess.[/citation]

thought the same thing at first. panty shot!?!?! sadly no drunk celebrities to make fun of. although does seem like an interesting idea. throw in built in wifi so it uploads to PC as it takes photos and you have a winner.

Interesting concept for sure. That said, I wouldn't buy one. Perhaps if they made it $50 or less and it could use a cheap throw-away camera then I might be interested. At parties.. things can get broken rather easily.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]pervert cam made easy![/citation]
LOL yes! exactly!!

Seriously though I think this would be cool for all the gatherings we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.