Sony's Wipeout Built In The Real World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
OMG.....this video is soooooooo old. Remember this from a couple years ago.

I am glad though, that Toms talked about how there is talk around the net that some of this might be CGI, if not all of it. The concept is fully plausible. I am not going to do the research, but running currents through magnets is how this "should" work. But, I advise you to watch in 720p and analyze each frame.

Also, joytech22, you can edit you post :) Right above the first comment, click - "Read comments on the forums" and WA LA. I didn't know either until someone told me :) But you can't do it with Toms Guide, only TH articles.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
And of course this is a Toms Guide article :kaola:

I just woke up so excuse me :)

Come on Toms. Why can we edit Tomshardware posts but not Toms Guide?

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
frozen magnet in a magnetic track. Control the cars by controlling the magnetic flux of the track.
The whole track does not need to be powered, just under the car, and slightly behind it, to push it ahead.

G

What is wrong with Tom's Guide? Is this a blog? Is there no quality control for the crap you guys put up as articles?

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I don't know why everyone is saying fake. It could be, but as far as I am concerned if they can use maglev to lift entire trains at push them at over 300Km/h as they are doing today in Japan and China, why can't they levitate a tiny little plastic toy?

HDmac

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
It is defiantly fake, at 1:14 when the yellow car goes behind the track. Also at 1:10 when the yellow car goes under the black ring on the track, the smoke goes over. 4/10 troll

metallifux

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
This video is about 2 years old and has been proven fake many many times.... seriously tom's are you that far behind?

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]mman74[/nom]I don't know why everyone is saying fake. It could be, but as far as I am concerned if they can use maglev to lift entire trains at push them at over 300Km/h as they are doing today in Japan and China, why can't they levitate a tiny little plastic toy?[/citation]
because in japan you have one train per track at a single time. and in japan they are not using super conductive maglev, they using maglev in the regular way 2 different magnet in 2 opposite direction which allow them to control it. Here they try to render a controlled use of Super conductive maglev and failed even in the render. Controlling a super conductive maglev is like controlling a frisbee, yes you can limit the path it will take but you can't really control it.

Status
Not open for further replies.