Review Sophos Home Premium review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2022
From me, a big NO to Sophos Home.

First, the technical view is not functional. I tried to install it on a mac notebook. First, I could not register the product. Then, I followed the standard procedure to uninstall, reboot, download from the user account, reinstall, and register did not work.

Then the support view is terrible. There seems to be a chat option, but it does not work. I need to register an account id again, though I already have an account. Then when I click the chat option, it asks me to complete my information. I do so and get a success message. The next time I click the chat option, it forces me to complete my information again. And so on, I cannot chat. Also, I did not find any support contact mail or the possibility of opening a ticket. I did not find a way to contact.

Worst is the transparency for cancelling automatic renewal, for it even seems hidden by purpose. There is no renewal change option in the account options. One has to request a mail on a separate page, then click the link in the mail to get to the renewal change page. Here, after clicking cancel renewal, there is a popup window. Here I enter the reason for cancelling and click the "submit" button below. But later, I found that the renewal is still active. There are two buttons, much further below, not visible on the notebook screen, to cancel or keep the subscription. Irritating by purpose, in my view, there is no need for an option to keep the subscription on this page.

All in all, I say a big NO to this product from my view. It seems they have invested a lot to make a good impression and the user to do the automatic renewal, but then make it very hard to cancel the subscription. Obviously, to me a money-making machine.

Also, the first 30 search results on Google about Sophos are their website. That is very uncommon. I think they might have directed this in this direction, that there is no broad information on the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.