Sorry Elon Musk, playing Cyberpunk 2077 in a Tesla is totally impractical — here's why

Sep 26, 2020
Here are two reasons for games in Tesla's. First right now folks who have to charge at Superchargers on a regular basis need something to occupy the time. The big reason is that long before the Teslas on the road now are retired they will have Level 5 autonomy. Remember when Musk claimed "By the end of next year, for sure, we will have over a million robotaxis on the road. The fleet wakes up with an over-the-air update. That's all it takes"? He wasn't talking about autonomy by the end of 2020 but instead about vehicles that are capable of being upgraded to autonomy with an OTA software update. Things Elon predicts sometimes are late but this one wasn't. Tesla passed that million potential robotaxi number in Q3 2020 if you include cars eligible for a complementary Full Self Driving computer upgrade and in Q4 if you don't.

Musk also predicted that by the end of 2020 there would be Teslas with full self driving being tested "with no one in them" somewhere by the end of 2020. That didn't happen. Tesla scrapped their 2D FSD software and completely rewrote it for the new 4D software that is now in beta. I expect that it will be sometime towards the middle of 2021 that cars "with no one in them" are being tested.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin Article Commentary 0
admin Article Commentary 1