Sound and video glitching /falling out of sync

Siyico

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
Hi there guys,

My girlfriends laptop is having a really strange problem I've not encountered before. We will be watching something, Youtube, VLC, etc and the sound and video starts glitching as if it's holding in place. It does this when the laptop has been on for a while, the CPU load doesn't seem to be high and it doesn't feel too warm.

Even more strange we will be watching videos or on demand TV and the sound will fall out of sync and after around 2 minutes or so of being out of sync it will go back to normal but will keep falling in and out of sync. I have never seen anything like this before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Laptop: HP Pavillion

Solution
I'm sure you've updated the sound card drivers but it's the only possibilty I can come up with at the moment.

I have to say I get this myself on a netbook but it doesn't do the same on my PC. Every time I play a track from YouTube on the netbook, it stutters at the beginning. After a moment or two it catches up with itself and plays properly. Maybe laptop sound cards just aren't up to it.
I'm sure you've updated the sound card drivers but it's the only possibilty I can come up with at the moment.

I have to say I get this myself on a netbook but it doesn't do the same on my PC. Every time I play a track from YouTube on the netbook, it stutters at the beginning. After a moment or two it catches up with itself and plays properly. Maybe laptop sound cards just aren't up to it.

Solution