Sound bar connection

Aug 13, 2018
RCA sound bar and Orion tv. I have tried to connect with red and white, no sound. It was working with red/white connected to dish box but we cut the cord so we now need connection for audio from tv only. But tv does not have the same plug that was connecting to back of dish box. I'm struggling here. My words probably don't make much sense.

Solution
You are making perfect sense but without the model number of the TV we can't check what audio outputs it has. Most TVs have RCA audio inputs but not outputs. Most common output is digital optical audio. If you have that you will need an optical to analog audio. Check the TV instructions on how to use the optical out. You may have to turn it on, turn the TV speakers off and change the output to PCM.
You are making perfect sense but without the model number of the TV we can't check what audio outputs it has. Most TVs have RCA audio inputs but not outputs. Most common output is digital optical audio. If you have that you will need an optical to analog audio. Check the TV instructions on how to use the optical out. You may have to turn it on, turn the TV speakers off and change the output to PCM.

Solution