Zuull

Estimable
Jun 27, 2014
Hey guys,

So to start off, I'm wanting a new gaming headset. And I've been through a lot of threads and forums and what not and what I really don't want to hear is how I should get headphones and a mic as opposed to a headset. Not interested. Also, for those who say the Razer Tiamat 7.1 has bad sound quality, that's because you either tried using it with onboard audio, or had the wrong sound card. Which brings me to my question:

I have a Sound Blaster Z (5.1) and was thinking of getting the Razer Tiamat 7.1. Now I know the Sound blaster is not capable of doing 7.1 but, will that headset work with that sound card and will it still work well? If so, how would I hook it up? Would one cable be left hanging or something?

In addition, I've also looked at the ROCCAT Kave 5.1 headset. Both these headsets are ideal for what I'm looking for because they have the true surround sound. So if there's anyone who would like to give their two cents on these two headsets (preferably from experience) that would be appreciated.

When it comes down to it, which headset should I get with my sound card? (I've seen a lot of good reviews on the Kave).

Lastly, I don't need comments that fail to answer my questions. Comments that include how horrible Razer is, how there is no such thing as true surround sound in a headset, how stereo headphones are better (seriously?!), or how I should get a wireless USB headset (I'm not that silly).

A_Goat

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
The 7.1 headset will still function on the 5.1 card, but only to the cards limitation.

So you're paying for features you wont be able to access, with the tiamat.

Get whichever is cheaper.