Sound card with multiple channel outs

schenkmc

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
Hey I am looking for a sound card with multiple line outs. I do not need 5.1, just all stereo outs to go to a mixer from each out. I am having a heck of a time finding these.

Solution

Yes but that did not sound like what you wanted to do. Windows does not work well sending audio from different programs at the same time and separating them. That is why you are having a hard time finding things, you need software that allows you to configure the audio source that it uses and then you can setup dual sound cards and use the output on each one separately.

This has been a long standing request from people...

schenkmc

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017

Won't that carry the same output to two channels rather than have two separate outs from different apps?

Yes but that did not sound like what you wanted to do. Windows does not work well sending audio from different programs at the same time and separating them. That is why you are having a hard time finding things, you need software that allows you to configure the audio source that it uses and then you can setup dual sound cards and use the output on each one separately.

This has been a long standing request from people https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+separate+audio+output&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS754US754&oq=Windows+separate+au&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.7710j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Solution

schenkmc

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017

Yeah sorry for the confusion. Say I have a media player going out from motherboard to channel 1, skype out from sound card to channel 2, but I want a 3rd channel for say a sound board or something. I thought there may be a sound card by now that adds more than one playback device to route to as I was trying to not have two sound cards on my motherboard but that seems to be the only option to get more than 2 line outs to a mixer.